Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Part of an itinerary cancelled on same ticket - No alternative offered? KLM/AF

Old Jul 13, 20, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

This is the first time I have ever experienced this, wonder if anyone can shed any light or has experienced this before?

I am booked with KLM all on one ticket BHX-AMS-AUA outbound, and then the return it AUA-CUR-AMS-BHX. The AUA-CUR section was to be operated by Winair, then KLM metal from CUR onwards. However all one one KLM ticket.

I logged in yesterday to see that the AUA-CUR section has been cancelled, I received no email notification as usually happens. However the booking seems to have changed to a 'multi destination itinerary' of BHX-AUA outbound, and CUR-BHX return. What?

I contacted KLM via twitter who are useless, all they will say is 'we are sorry but the Aruba-Curacao is now cancelled'. Yes, and? What about alternatives?

Usually when something is cancelled I get offered an alternative. There are around 4-5 flights a day from AUA-CUR and also there is an evening direct flight AUA-AMS.

At the moment is just seems KLM is expecting me to make my own way to CUR, which seems very odd. Surely they expect to offer me an alternative as my flight origin is AUA?
Old Jul 13, 20, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Don't stand on form as to whether you received an email or were offered alternatives. Just do the research, determine the next best flight and then call KL and asked to be rebooked onto that flight.
Old Jul 13, 20, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Don't stand on form as to whether you received an email or were offered alternatives. Just do the research, determine the next best flight and then call KL and asked to be rebooked onto that flight.
Well there are several flights from AUA-CUR a day but none of them seem to be partner airlines. If I booked a flight, would they reimburse it?

Just never seen this before. Seems very strange. You dont just change the origin like this.
Often1 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 20, 10:34 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWS (Plat Pro), EY Silver (compted), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyingcrazy View Post
Well there are several flights from AUA-CUR a day but none of them seem to be partner airlines. If I booked a flight, would they reimburse it?

Just never seen this before. Seems very strange. You dont just change the origin like this.
KLM can involuntary reroute you on any carrier they have interline agreement with. Do not try to fix it yourself - just call Tham...
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 20, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti

KL is flying AUA-AMS directly so you might want to ask to get that routing instead of AUA-CUR-AMS
Old Jul 15, 20, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No. If you use self-help, do not expect KL to reimburse you (other than for the value of the cancelled segment, which is likely to be minimal on a long-haul ticket).

Yes, KL can rebook onto any carrier with which it has an interline agreement. Will it? No way to know until you call.

This all circles back to the original suggestion, e.g., figure out what you want and then call and ask.
Yoshi212 and tigertanaka like this.
Old Jul 17, 20, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA

At the moment is just seems KLM is expecting me to make my own way to CUR, which seems very odd. Surely they expect to offer me an alternative as my flight origin is AUA?
I presume your flight isn't until some point in the future? There is presumably still ample time to "fix" the ticket, and given the changing circumstances around travel, it may actually be prudent to wait a little longer until the "new" schedules bed down.

Of course, if you want to cancel your ticket completely, then now is the time to act!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: