FB Mileage Expiry for Cancelled Ticket

Old Jul 12, 20, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Gold
FB Mileage Expiry for Cancelled Ticket

So I had an FB account for a while with about 20k miles but haven't used the account in a while, took a DL flight in March 2018 to keep the miles active for 2 years, in late Jan 2020, I transferred more points over from Chase and booked a J ticket using mies (not any kind of promo ticket) SFO-TLV for Jan 2021. In the absence of having booked this ticket my miles would have expired in March 2020, if I'm understanding the program correctly. Since things are going back to normal in Europe but I don't think Americans will be able to travel to Israel (or probably anywhere, honestly) by Jan 2021, what are my options? Are the miles just gone because they would've expired already had I not booked a ticket with them if I can't take the trip? If I do something now, would I be able to save them given that they would have expired in March?
Old Jul 13, 20, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Originally Posted by 1353513636 View Post
Are the miles just gone because they would've expired already had I not booked a ticket with them if I can't take the trip? If I do something now, would I be able to save them given that they would have expired in March?
As has been well publicised, no FB miles will expire during 2020.

You presumably have seen that you still have the miles by logging into your Flying Blue account.

Your comment about travelling by January 2021 doesn't correspond with the reality; using your FB miles you can book 11 months in future. Given that your miles will still last til at least December 2020, you can then book a flight for as late as November 2021.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: