Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 12, 2020, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gajan
Between 13 July and 31 December 2020, you will earn double miles and (U)XP on all AF and KL marketed flights.

Please see the link on Flying-blue.com:
https://www.flyingblue.com/en/news/doublemiles-doublexp
Print Wikipost

Double XP and Miles for 2020

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by canadavid
then it is not surprising as all AF-coded are eligible for double xp whatever the operating carrier.
on the other end, I have a trip scheduled in October which is DL-coded and AF-operated (earns more miles (very cheap business I class) but not double xp)
I know, but PE is only 20 XP, which is my original booking. I made the miles upgrade to J on the return flight only after the booking- a good miles deal. Usually one earns the XP of the original booking......
Old Sep 7, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
What does everybody think regarding this scheme being extended into next year? I had some point building business class flights booked for October but since they are now going to give me those points without any flights (giving you same points as your last qualification point), I will cancel these flights costing which cost me £700. Would book again if double XP offer was extended into 2021.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Whilst another year of double xp&miles would be too generous. I could see them extending it by 3 months, although with the xp rollover I seriously doubt it. If we are stuck in this for another year though, they will likely redo it for the end of next year.

If anything, I can see them just make it easier to requalify rather than double everything as it favors only past frequent flyers rather than everyone.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 6:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Considering that the travel possibilities remains very low, I think that they will either extend the double XP or lower the qualification requirement.
hhdl likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
The beauty of keeping the qualification requirements unchanged but effectively cutting them in half by offering double qualification is that it allows the elite population to quickly be adjusted to who's flying. So I'd almost expect the promotion to be extended until such time as metrics like proportion of miles/segments being flown by each member level looks more normal. This won't necessarily be before travel gets anything like back to normal and more of the extended elites who haven't been flying lately return to the skies.
bostontraveler and irishguy28 like this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
So like most of us, my travel has dramatically slowed since February. It's also likely to stay low for quite some time.
There's a lot of what I would call "marketing obfuscation" going on these days with double miles and XPs... and now residual rollovers... a bit of smoke and mirrors to not erode product perception.
My qualification period ended in March, and I ended at Gold, a downgrade from the past few years. I had 42 extra XPs.
I understand my Gold level will be extended for another year.
This year I will end up at 190XP, not including any rollovers.
Do you think it's worth doing a mileage run for Platinum? Quite honestly in my case I haven't noticed much of any difference being Gold except the fantastic Platinum service line here in France. I may have answered my question.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 12:06 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Do you think it's worth doing a mileage run for Platinum? Quite honestly in my case I haven't noticed much of any difference being Gold except the fantastic Platinum service line here in France. I may have answered my question.
Do you happen to fly KL regularly?
If so, the free upgrade to Eco Comfort is a nice perk of being Platinum. That is IMHO the only hard advantage over the Gold status.
canadavid and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:07 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by maalloc
Do you happen to fly KL regularly?
If so, the free upgrade to Eco Comfort is a nice perk of being Platinum. That is IMHO the only hard advantage over the Gold status.
oh... wasn’t even aware of that.. thanks for letting me know.
no, ifs mostly AF.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:17 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
oh... wasn’t even aware of that.. thanks for letting me know.
no, ifs mostly AF.
Oh well. On AF you do have access to the free "preferred" seats when booking a Y ticket.
That is, on your typical 777, 2 aisle seats without a passenger in front of you that you can book for free. On a short-haul 737 or A320, you can save a few $ on the free exit row seats aswell.

AFAIK that is the only difference between Gold and Plat on AF. If you do the math, an XP run to secure these free perks is hard to justify unless you plan to be a VERY frequent Y traveler in 2021.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:37 am

Thanks! I’m a J traveler longhaul but Y in Europe. You make a great point though... I suspect my travel will be subdued in 2021. Many of these changes are going to be lasting.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
So after Mexico trip netting 282XPs I am gold in a couple of days.
As it happens I am building a work trip for Oct 4-9 LHR-AMS-CDG-BOG return that will net another 264XPs. At this rate (and another work trip at the end of october for another 264 XPs) the ultimate will be mine before too long hehe
milesaddict likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 9:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Wondering if anybody has heady anything regarding the possibility of this being extended into 2021 at all? Obviously with the news about the vaccine coming things should pick up next year but be most surprised if that would be before Q2 21
Old Nov 11, 2020, 5:07 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Billyfergus
Wondering if anybody has heady anything regarding the possibility of this being extended into 2021 at all? Obviously with the news about the vaccine coming things should pick up next year but be most surprised if that would be before Q2 21
No rumors or announcements yet , as situtation can change very quickly you need to wait and stay tuned
bostontraveler likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just to say, my extra points hit my account the same evening of the flights.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 3:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Just to say, my extra points hit my account the same evening of the flights.
It mean you probably few an AFKL flight in the morning during weekdays , and then the batch job of the afternoon/evening caught your flights and changes were visible in your account within the same day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.