Downgrading French Amex AF/KL Platinum Card

Old May 1, 2020, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by Yolow
Thanks for that interesting news !

By the way, does the Amex FB gold -or above- insurance cover you if you no longer live in Europe ?
(ex. you hold the french Amex FB but live in Asia and pay all your plane tickets within Asia with the card).

A friend of mine recently claimed cash refund to Axa for a trip with no European connections and they asked for the return tickets from country of residence to start analyzing the situation.
Exactly. you have to be very careful about that... they do ask to see the departure and return segments and the total number of days, if I'm not mistaken, is 90.
Old May 1, 2020, 9:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by palmanfr
I think they made those offers only for platinum card holders (FB or regular platinum). To justify the hefty membership fee and the benefits you cannot enjoy at the moment. 90 Euros is equivalent to almost 2 months of membership
Exactly 57,63 days.
If the lockdown is effectively lifted on 11th of May (54,5 days), Amex Plat will offer 3 days worth of membership
Old May 1, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by Yolow
Thanks for that interesting news !

By the way, does the Amex FB gold -or above- insurance cover you if you no longer live in Europe ?
(ex. you hold the french Amex FB but live in Asia and pay all your plane tickets within Asia with the card).

A friend of mine recently claimed cash refund to Axa for a trip with no European connections and they asked for the return tickets from country of residence to start analyzing the situation.
got the same. To be covered, the trip should start and end in your home country and not last from more than 90 days

i have been asked the ticket of my positioning flight (that I had not purchased at this time).

Last edited by canadavid; May 1, 2020 at 12:17 pm
Old May 1, 2020, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
Exactly 57,63 days.
If the lockdown is effectively lifted on 11th of May (54,5 days), Amex Plat will offer 3 days worth of membership
Well not exactly ;-)

The flights and lounges are not going to be operating for a bit longer than May 11th...
Old May 4, 2020, 3:26 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
FYI, Just received an offer on my email similar to the one Amex FB Platinum cardholders received last week : 30 Euros reimbursed if 30 Euros are spent in one or more transactions for my Amex FB Gold (Amex FB cardholders were getting 90 Euros back). I could register to the offer but it does not show up on my profile though. Similarily, I did not receive the confirmation email after registering and I have no option to register the additional card on this account.
No offer yet for my new Gold regular Amex though.
bostontraveler likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 4:12 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
(...) I have no option to register the additional card on this account. (...).
For this offer, you can register only one card.
Old May 4, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Marriott Gold / Hilton Gold / IHG Platinum ... A former AA Platinum
FYI, Just received an offer on my email similar to the one Amex FB Platinum cardholders received last week : 30 Euros reimbursed if 30 Euros are spent in one or more transactions for my Amex FB Gold (Amex FB cardholders were getting 90 Euros back). I could register to the offer but it does not show up on my profile though. Similarily, I did not receive the confirmation email after registering and I have no option to register the additional card on this account.
No offer yet for my new Gold regular Amex though.
i m not registered for emails, but i m not seeing this Amex offer in my FR Amex Gold account online ... I suppose there may be more targeting than simply being a card holder?
Old May 4, 2020, 11:10 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
I received the same email and suscribed to the offer, wherethere were no notifications in the app.
I purchase online and has a confirmation email saying that the 30Eur will be credited on the account.
Old May 5, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by gaukuser
i m not registered for emails, but i m not seeing this Amex offer in my FR Amex Gold account online ... I suppose there may be more targeting than simply being a card holder?
Started to show on the app today, give it a try, should be the same for you now.
Old May 5, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Marriott Gold / Hilton Gold / IHG Platinum ... A former AA Platinum
Started to show on the app today, give it a try, should be the same for you now.
Thank you!!! it did just show up for me too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.