How much xp points to I need to maintain my Gold

Old Apr 16, 20, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

How much xp points to I need to maintain my Gold

as my understanding, if I start from 0, I would need 100px+180px=280px in a year to archive the Gold, after that, every year I would need 180 px for maintain the gold, am I correct?
Old Apr 17, 20, 12:00 am

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
Originally Posted by ericmc View Post
as my understanding, if I start from 0, I would need 100px+180px=280px in a year to archive the Gold, after that, every year I would need 180 px for maintain the gold, am I correct?
Hi ericmc,

Whenever you reach a level, the XP counter is reset via a deduction of XP required for that level (the excess is rolled over), as well as the qualification period. Therefore, you technically have up to 2 years to qualify as Gold.

So, immediately upon reaching the first 100XP to be Silver (you have up to one year minus one day to achieve that), the clock is reset and you have another year (minus one day) to accumulate the next 180XP to become Gold.

Cheers,
vinnyc
Old Apr 17, 20, 12:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by vinnyc View Post
Hi ericmc,

Whenever you reach a level, the XP counter is reset via a deduction of XP required for that level (the excess is rolled over), as well as the qualification period. Therefore, you technically have up to 2 years to qualify as Gold.

So, immediately upon reaching the first 100XP to be Silver (you have up to one year minus one day to achieve that), the clock is reset and you have another year (minus one day) to accumulate the next 180XP to become Gold.

Cheers,
vinnyc
Technically, you have each time more than one year as the new status is immediate and the new end of qualification period is « end of month of the new status».
Example: new status on October 15th 2020. End of qualification period for gold: 31 october 2021
vinnyc likes this.
Old Apr 17, 20, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by canadavid View Post
Technically, you have each time more than one year as the new status is immediate and the new end of qualification period is « end of month of the new status».
Example: new status on October 15th 2020. End of qualification period for gold: 31 october 2021
Indeed, my mistake, I forgot that the qualification period ends at the end of the month of the anniversary date following the obtention of the new status. After that, and for the same status however, it will be exactly one year minus one day 😊. Thanks canadavid for rectifying it!
canadavid likes this.
Old Apr 17, 20, 12:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Indeed, my mistake, I forgot that the qualification period ends at the end of the month of the anniversary date following the obtention of the new status. After that, and for the same status however, it will be exactly one year minus one day 😊. Thanks canadavid for rectifying it!
I would say it is a full year ? 1st November 2021 to 31st October 2022 is a full year ? Where is the missing day ?
Except every 4 year where we are lucky enough to have one day extra on February 29 like in 2020 (which was pretty useless this year given the circumstances). And so we Can also say we have one full year in 2020 and one missing day in 2021-2022-2023 ? That’s it ! Everybody’s right !!
Old Apr 17, 20, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA

IAfter that, and for the same status however, it will be exactly one year minus one day 😊.
How did you get to the "minus one day"?

My anniversary date is 31 Dec 2020; in that scheme, it would go forward as follows: 30 Dec 2021; 29 Dec 2022; 28 Dec 2023; 27 Dec 2024, etc etc etc

This is not how it works....
Old Apr 17, 20, 1:31 am

Indeed, forget the whole "minus one day" altogether... I seem to have considered that the last day of the qualification is excluded from the counting, which is not the case.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: