Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2020, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gajan
URL to Flying Blue news: https://www.flyingblue.nl/en/news/coronavirus-updates

We will continue to monitor the situation closely as it evolves. We are committed to sharing details and updates with you as soon as they become available. In case you have any questions about the implications regarding your situation, please see the frequently asked questions about this topic below:

If the travel date of your Reward Ticket or Promo Reward Ticket was before 31 May, 2020.
- The rebooking, reissuing, or refund of your ticket must be completed on or before 30 September, 2020.
- The rebooked travel date must be before 30 November, 2020.

For trip cancellations with Reward Tickets or Promo Tickets:
- Penalty fees for trip cancellations are waived.
- Whether you have a Reward Ticket or Promo reward ticket, your Miles will be re-credited to your Flying Blue Member account and airport taxes on the credit card used for payment.
- Ticketing fees are non refundable.

For change of travel dates with Reward Tickets or Promo Tickets:
- Flights booked with Air France and KLM, you will be reissued a ticket with same route, airline and booking class.
- Flights booked with other airlines partners flights or in combination with AF/KLM flights, you will be reissued a ticket with same route, airline and booking class. If we are unable to reissue a ticket with the same route, airline and booking class, we will issue a new one upon your request.
Print Wikipost

COVID-19: waivers for award tickets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
COVID-19: waivers for award tickets

Looking to cancel an upcoming award to Europe due to virus fears. AF have any waiver in place, or i'll have to pay the fee?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How about doing a search or giving even a cursory glance at the title of threads on display? There is a thread on that a mere five or six threads below yours.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickB
How about doing a search or giving even a cursory glance at the title of threads on display? There is a thread on that a mere five or six threads below yours.
no, there isn't. Doesn't address award bookings at all. Says you can cancel through a travel agent and get a voucher, I am talking about the $ to redeposit the miles, so perhaps you could try being helpful instead of snarky. Thx!
mhy likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:14 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
I suggest you call FB.

They should know.

If you disagree with their answer, you can do some research.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:41 pm

FB cancelled and redeposited points on my YYZ-CDG return next week. It was a “promo” reward which normally doesn’t allow change or refund. 😀
Old Mar 11, 2020, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
no, there isn't. Doesn't address award bookings at all. Says you can cancel through a travel agent and get a voucher, I am talking about the $ to redeposit the miles, so perhaps you could try being helpful instead of snarky. Thx!
How about you state that clearly in your original post so we know you are talking about award bookings and not revenue fares? 😉

Generally speaking, you can cancel your award bookings (except promo rewards) up to 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure, with all the miles re-deposited to your Flying Blue account, and the taxes/surcharges refunded. All that for a fee (of 50€ if I remember correctly). Flying Blue never exchanges award tickets: they cancel and rebook, assuming award fares are available.

Now, as suggested by carnavon, call FB to have further clarification, and whether or not the current COVID-19 situation might be grounds for the waiver of that cancellation fee.

vinnyc
NickB and blairvanhorn like this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by vinnyc
How about you state that clearly in your original post so we know you are talking about award bookings and not revenue fares? 😉
In fairness...the OP did

Looking to cancel an upcoming award to Europe due to virus fears. AF have any waiver in place, or i'll have to pay the fee?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
In fairness...the OP did
Can you remind us of the thread title?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
I posted a datapoint exactly on cancelling a reward AF ticket on March 10, not too long before you posted this thread. The thread is Coronavirus - AF/KL authorize rebooking at no extra cost. Post 24.

In support of NickB - God helps those who helps themselves first.

Last edited by ahopkins767; Mar 11, 2020 at 6:14 pm
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by penbrook
FB cancelled and redeposited points on my YYZ-CDG return next week. It was a “promo” reward which normally doesn’t allow change or refund. 😀
How do I know if my award ticket is a "promo" reward?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
Can you remind us of the thread title?
Why?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Now that travel is banned through the end of March, assume AF will have to refund?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Wait for a couple of days for airlines to adjust and you will get a free waiver, at least for next 30 days.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 11:39 pm

Award Flight Cancellation Question

I'm booked on a flight LAX-CDG mid-April on DL through AF Flying Blue.

Is the cancellation fee 50 Euros and do I call AF customer service to cancel (or DL)?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

A waiver to date change for when space is available or a waiver for refund? At this point i’d rather just have the redeposit and wait until things calm down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.