Business Class KUL-MAN

Old Feb 17, 20, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Business Class KUL-MAN

Traveling Business Class Kuala Lumpur to Manchester in few weeks. Previously used Swiss and Singapore Airlines from Singapore but now prefer using KUL for departure.
Prefer to fly into Manchester rather than transit thru LHR so looked at Emirates/Qatar/KLM. On price right now Qatar and KLM about same. Both using Same 777-300 ER in 222 config.
Anyone used these carriers ? would appreciate advice/recommendations.
Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 20, 9:21 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ♪♪♪ 7 ™
Originally Posted by tuanton View Post
Traveling Business Class Kuala Lumpur to Manchester in few weeks. Previously used Swiss and Singapore Airlines from Singapore but now prefer using KUL for departure.
Prefer to fly into Manchester rather than transit thru LHR so looked at Emirates/Qatar/KLM. On price right now Qatar and KLM about same. Both using Same 777-300 ER in 222 config.
Anyone used these carriers ? would appreciate advice/recommendations.
Thanks.

I have used both and Qatar are in my opinion the better experience on board and in the lounge. Having said that I dislike changing planes halfway, watch a movie while food is served, sleep for 3 or 4 hours and then do the same again. So personally I would take KLM.
Old Feb 17, 20, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Andy49 View Post

I have used both and Qatar are in my opinion the better experience on board and in the lounge. Having said that I dislike changing planes halfway, watch a movie while food is served, sleep for 3 or 4 hours and then do the same again. So personally I would take KLM.
Exactly my preferences also. Etihad have great price beating all others but 4 hrs in Doha and 3+ on return too much. Can usually grab few hrs sleep on first leg on overnight but after having to change can never sleep on 2nd leg. Just had Malaysia Airlines new offer - great price to LHR but getting up to Manchester very inconvenient.
Old Feb 17, 20, 11:32 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ♪♪♪ 7 ™
Exactly my preferences also. Etihad have great price beating all others but 4 hrs in Doha and 3+ on return too much. Can usually grab few hrs sleep on first leg on overnight but after having to change can never sleep on 2nd leg. Just had Malaysia Airlines new offer - great price to LHR but getting up to Manchester very inconvenient.

I have been using Lufthansa for over 2 years (to BKK & GIG) mostly from MAN but LHR too, what are their prices like?
Old Feb 18, 20, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

Same opinion !
Old Feb 18, 20, 1:15 am

Programs: FB Platinum, A3 Gold, BA Silver
If you travel alone, go for KLM because you will rest more and better than on two shortish flights. If you travel with company and want to enjoy service and have a few or loads of drinks, go with Qatar.
Old Feb 18, 20, 2:52 am
Original Poster

I have been using Lufthansa for over 2 years (to BKK & GIG) mostly from MAN but LHR too, what are their prices like?
Checked out Lufthansa KUL-MAN.. Looking at the times I need the routing is not too good and adds another stop (KUL/SIN/FRA/MAN on mix of Malaysia Airlines and Lufthansa. Return is with Swiss Air (MAN/ZURICH/SIN/KUL. In addition to all those stops, I have another leg at start and finish due to my location in Kuching. Probably favouring Quatar now.
Old Feb 18, 20, 10:32 am

Programs: BA OWS, A3*G
I have another leg at start and finish due to my location in Kuching.
I don't want to pry, but is there a reason why you don't buy KCH-MAN on a single ticket with two connections rather than self-connect each way (without protection) in KUL? A quick look at google flights for mid-March including a Saturday night stay shows prices for KCH-MAN itineraries within tens of GBP of those for KUL-MAN itineraries. Indeed KCH-KUL-LHR-MAN on MH,BA,BA is slightly cheaper than the same KUL-LHR-MAN flights, though I realise you don't want to connect at LHR.
Old Feb 19, 20, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LiHS View Post
I don't want to pry, but is there a reason why you don't buy KCH-MAN on a single ticket with two connections rather than self-connect each way (without protection) in KUL? A quick look at google flights for mid-March including a Saturday night stay shows prices for KCH-MAN itineraries within tens of GBP of those for KUL-MAN itineraries. Indeed KCH-KUL-LHR-MAN on MH,BA,BA is slightly cheaper than the same KUL-LHR-MAN flights, though I realise you don't want to connect at LHR.
Its OK not prying at all.... I did consider using MH but as you noted prefer not to transit thru LHR.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: