Does AFKL suspend flights to Mainland China?

Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
Question about changes: mother in law has a ticket to Taipei, and she is not really eager to travel. I assume there is no waiver there. If we swallow that change fee and change to ticket to intra-Europe how does the refund work with a negative fare difference. When I go online to initiate a change it shows a negative total. Is that going to be a refund the original form of payment or some sort of credit to be used for future flights?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 1:11 am

Programs: FB Plat
My experience is that if it’s a non-refundable fare, you get a voucher from KLM. I had to ask as weirdly it was sent to my GF and not me, even though I paid :
Old Feb 1, 2020, 6:38 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
has anyone insights into the HKG-flights? I'm supposed to return to Europe on AF185 on 11.Feb and there are no more seats sold and Expertflyer shows 0 availability - same on other dates as well. Will HKG be next to be cancelled?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gkl
has anyone insights into the HKG-flights? I'm supposed to return to Europe on AF185 on 11.Feb and there are no more seats sold and Expertflyer shows 0 availability - same on other dates as well. Will HKG be next to be cancelled?
At the moment; no but who knows. I am guessing that many pax are booking/are rebooked to/from HKG with mainland China cancellations so those flights get super full.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:17 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
At the moment; no but who knows. I am guessing that many pax are booking/are rebooked to/from HKG with mainland China cancellations so those flights get super full.
ok back to normal. they probably temporarily blocked space - as you mentioned - to accomodate all those PVG/PEK/etc travellers from the cancelled flights.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 6:04 am

Programs: Many
Also many French families living in HKG are actually back to France for an (under)determined period of time since the schools are closed anyway.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 6:56 am

Programs: FB Plat, ALL Silver, HH Silver
Originally Posted by fatlasercat
Question about changes: mother in law has a ticket to Taipei, and she is not really eager to travel. I assume there is no waiver there. If we swallow that change fee and change to ticket to intra-Europe how does the refund work with a negative fare difference. When I go online to initiate a change it shows a negative total. Is that going to be a refund the original form of payment or some sort of credit to be used for future flights?
Taipei is not mainland China though and would thoroughly recommend going. The chances of being infected are quite slim in Taiwan at the moment.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by gkl
As you later said that flight is now showing as almost empty. Actually, most flights in both directions are almost empty.
For 11 February, one reason that AF temporarily zeroed all fare buckets could be that CX cancelled its flight that day.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by bodory
Also many French families living in HKG are actually back to France for an (under)determined period of time since the schools are closed anyway.
Hong Kong was very quiet last week as usual, because of CNY Golden week. But many local people are returning to work this week.
Many French families had planned holiday in nearby beachy Asian destinations. But schools/university and many "public" spaces will remain closed for some time, so sending kids back to France is a good idea.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:39 am
gkl

Originally Posted by brunos
As you later said that flight is now showing as almost empty. Actually, most flights in both directions are almost empty.
For 11 February, one reason that AF temporarily zeroed all fare buckets could be that CX cancelled its flight that day.
AF seems to have reduced frequencies as well - there is no flight on the 12 Feb for example.

I for my part was able to rebook onto AF SIN-CDG.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
They have just extended the period for rebookings and cancellations.
https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/commo...air-france.htm

"If you have a valid Air France ticket, issued on or before 19 February, 2020, for an Air France flight departing from or arriving in China between 31 January and 31 May, 2020, you can postpone your trip at no extra cost onto a later flight until 30 June, 2020 included.

Save time by changing your booking directly online, in the "Your reservations" section of the website or in the mobile app. You can also contact your travel agent.

You may also choose to postpone your flight to after 30 June, 2020 or cancel your trip. In this case, you will be entitled to a full refund. We invite you to contact your point of sale."
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by newflyer27
They have just extended the period for rebookings and cancellations.
https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/commo...air-france.htm

"If you have a valid Air France ticket, issued on or before 19 February, 2020, for an Air France flight departing from or arriving in China between 31 January and 31 May, 2020, you can postpone your trip at no extra cost onto a later flight until 30 June, 2020 included.

Save time by changing your booking directly online, in the "Your reservations" section of the website or in the mobile app. You can also contact your travel agent.

You may also choose to postpone your flight to after 30 June, 2020 or cancel your trip. In this case, you will be entitled to a full refund. We invite you to contact your point of sale."
Thanks .... I re-scheduled my trip that was originally to take place last week to May, and was wondering if that trip would even be possible. I will wait and see.
Was also wondering if AF would allow a change in destination (from PVG to BKK or somewhere else) with no fee
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
WUH: End of services

As of 29 March 2020, flights between Paris (CDG) and Wuhan (WUH) are suspended. Customer will be informed of the cancellation.
Due to no available rerouting, bookings will be cancelled without alternative solution.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.