Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Having trouble upgrading Kenya Airways flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Having trouble upgrading Kenya Airways flights

I purchased a ticket on the Chase travel portal. The outbound is on KLM and the return on Kenya Airways, all booked in economy. I am trying to find out how many Flying Blue miles it will take to upgrade one or both of the Kenya Airways flights. The KQ segments are booked in T class, which is supposed to be upgradeable with Flying Blue. The ticket number starts with 706, which I believe is KQ's ticketing code.

I first contacted Flying Blue, and was told that I would have to go to Kenya Airways. So I contacted them, and was told that I need to go to Flying Blue. Is there a problem because it was not purchased from KQ? I have read that it might be possible to upgrade using FB miles at the airport, but the problem is that I do not have any. I do, however, have plenty of UR and TY points that I can transfer to FB. That takes time, so I cannot wait until I'm at the airport.

I am at a loss as to how to proceed. Neither Kenya Airways or Flying Blue seem to be able to help me or even give me any helpful information.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:53 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by g289t
I purchased a ticket on the Chase travel portal. The outbound is on KLM and the return on Kenya Airways, all booked in economy. I am trying to find out how many Flying Blue miles it will take to upgrade one or both of the Kenya Airways flights. The KQ segments are booked in T class, which is supposed to be upgradeable with Flying Blue. The ticket number starts with 706, which I believe is KQ's ticketing code.

I first contacted Flying Blue, and was told that I would have to go to Kenya Airways. So I contacted them, and was told that I need to go to Flying Blue. Is there a problem because it was not purchased from KQ? I have read that it might be possible to upgrade using FB miles at the airport, but the problem is that I do not have any. I do, however, have plenty of UR and TY points that I can transfer to FB. That takes time, so I cannot wait until I'm at the airport.

I am at a loss as to how to proceed. Neither Kenya Airways or Flying Blue seem to be able to help me or even give me any helpful information.
KQ is definitely the one to be able to proceed with the upgrade. However TBH, I was never able to upgrade a KQ flight that was not directly purchased with them on their website, even when calling their HQ in NBO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.