Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any chance of requesting a FB status match from DL?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, BA Silver
Any chance of requesting a FB status match from DL?

Hi there,

I am Platinum Medaillon on Delta Skymiles but most of my travel is on AF/KL.

Up until now, being based in London, DL was great for me as I could be SkyTeam Elite+ while also crediting Virgin Atlantic flights. That changed recently and I think I'd kinda like to be FB Platinum instead but the though of having to start over and get 100+180+300 XP is exhausting.

Most of my travel is on AF/KL as in 2019 I flew 43 segments on AF/KL out of 54 flights credited to DL, in all classes and long-haul like YUL, JFK, SEZ, LIM, DXB.

I also have some trips booked already for 2020 on AF including a LHR-CDG-SIN return in P.

Any chance they would status match me? And if yes, any idea on how to proceed?

From what I read status match is not really something they do often, let alone if coming from a partner airline...

Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Normally, they never do it between AF and DL. But there's no harm to ask.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:17 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Marriott Gold / Hilton Gold / IHG Platinum ... A former AA Platinum
as a NYC-based FB Plat flyer who would very much like to be a Delta Medallion instead (but i m stuck in the hamster wheel of AF) ... consider that Delta will actually op-up its frequent flyers where AF will only do it for technical reasons.
So as a Delta medallion flying on AF, I'd wager you're getting the same exact set of benefits that you'd be getting if you had FB Platinum

Now, if this is about mileage earning etc ... I don't know as much about the differences between the two programs (and XP are non sensical but do have their sweet spots), so, only talking from a status experience standpoint.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:30 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Normally, they never do it between AF and DL. But there's no harm to ask.
Would they do it with BA GGL or BA Gold Status?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Would they do it with BA GGL or BA Gold Status?
Possible, depends on current match offerings. DL unlike BA is a close partner, thus why never do DL matches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.