Search

Using AF miles on a DL-booked, AF-operated flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum
Using AF miles on a DL-booked, AF-operated flight

Hello!

This is a theoretical question, but if I had a DL-booked flight (006 ticket) operated by Air France, and I wanted to use my AF miles to upgrade, is this allowed without issue?

Hoping for people with personal experience in this to let me know,
thanks!!
Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:05 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Not sure in advance but can do at the airport - at least I know It worked on JFK-AMS with KL, would be surprised if it wouldn't work on AF.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 747jetter
Not sure in advance but can do at the airport - at least I know It worked on JFK-AMS with KL, would be surprised if it wouldn't work on AF.
Who did you ask at the airport, out of curiosity? Ticketing or check in?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:57 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by dbernard2000
Who did you ask at the airport, out of curiosity? Ticketing or check in?
I had basic economy but booked on DL stock to get more miles as FB member, at check in (Sky Priority counters) they said not available because of basic economy but at the gate I asked again, got many options to use miles and cash. Took only cash at that time as it was only about 300 EUR to AMS on Upper Deck.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 12:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Marriott Gold / Hilton Gold / IHG Platinum ... A former AA Platinum
Ah, thank you for this.
I did exactly the same thing you did (booked my AF-operated basic economy ticket on DL to get more miles) -- and flying in a few days. Was wondering about this
Appreciate it!
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

To anyone still following this, here is another head scratching question for you!

I want my Delta number to be attached to the booking, I have diamond medallion status, so you can see why I want that one to be attached. However, the miles I want to use would be Air France miles that I have in a second account from their credit card. If it got all the way to the airport and I tried to use the FB miles there, would I still be able to ensure the credit for the paid portion itself goes to DL? If the upgrde is done prior to check in opening, then it works, I just use the AF number until the upgrade is processed and then swap it to the DL number after all is complete and before check in opens. After that though is uncharted territory... Would the check in or gate be able to pull the miles from the AF account will still ensuring that credit goes to DL after the flight is flown?

Anyone have personal experience in this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.