Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reserved seats on award tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Reserved seats on award tickets

I'm fairly new to Flying Blue so hope the community can offer some advice/insight. I'm looking to book 2 1-way economy award tickets from Chicago to Zagreb in mid-June. Unfortunately no program has "saver" availability but Flying Blue does have a decent option for ORD-AMS-ZAG for around 64,000 miles. When I go through the booking and try to select a seat, however, every single seat is blocked out and there's fine print indicating "seats can be selected at no cost 30 hours before the flight". Does AF/KLM not allow preselected seats on economy award tickets? I booked a similar journey from ORD-FCO operated by Alitalia and there was no issue selecting a seat for free. I'm more than happy to pay for the seat reservation. My traveling companion is rather fidgety on long flights and neither of us would be happy if we ended up with window/middle seats at the back of the plane. 9-abreast 787s are bad enough and at least I want to ensure one of us has access to an aisle. Thanks for any insight you can offer!
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:58 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Had the same issue with my last award reservations,
But it was just the "Seat Plus" that were blocked.
What's frustrating is that you can reserve this seat in the normal (non-award) reservation process, so they are available.
I was always able to select a seat either after the reservation, or by contacting them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.