Search

KLM Ticket and code with Wideroe

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2019, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
KLM Ticket and code with Wideroe

Afternoon all

This morning I purchased a ticket on the KLM website for a fight from Paris to Tromso. Every single flight is coded for KLM under KL.

I took the light option because of my Platinum status. But according to the Platinum line I won't enjoy the benefits when it comes to the flight with Wideroe even though it is operated by KLM.

Earlier this year I had a similar experience on a flight from Amsterdam to Paris via Helsinki. The Platinum line said I wouldn't enjoy any benefits but in the end I did.

So what's the deal? Am I missing something as I was under the impression that all my benefits are there.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 7:42 am

What benefits in specific are you looking for? in CDG/AMS you should be getting everything (lounge access, SP where applicable), in Tromoso YMMV, and obviously on board Wideroe I wouldn't expect anything.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
I’ve done Tromso-Bergen-Amsterdam on Wideroe/KL but KL ticketed and marketed. In Tromso I don’t recall having had any priority or lounge access, but I do remember a lot of issues with checking my bag. Their systems didn’t mention any luggage allowance.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:23 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The problem is that this flight is not operated by KLM but by Wideroe. Your Flying Blue status has no value on board Wideroe, even if you purchased the flight on a KL-flight number.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
The problem is that this flight is not operated by KLM but by Wideroe. Your Flying Blue status has no value on board Wideroe, even if you purchased the flight on a KL-flight number.
From the Confirmation Email I received just after booking it quite clearly stated that the flight on Wideroe was operated by KLM. Just spoken to the Platinum line who have given a favourable solution which I am more than happy with
Old Dec 24, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Favourable solution which consists in?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:59 am

That's odd as I don't believe that KLM flies to Tromso. When checking the available itineraries on the KLM website (Paris - Tromso) only an itinerary comes up that involves a flight from Bergen to Tromso (On Wideroe). What flights are you booked on?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

That's odd as I don't believe that KLM flies to Tromso. When checking the available itineraries on the KLM website (Paris - Tromso) only an itinerary comes up that involves a flight from Bergen to Tromso (On Wideroe). What flights are you booked on?
I booked via KLM this morning through their site. The issue came when the confirmation email clearly stated that all flights were operated by KLM. The ticket stated Wideroe. The other thing that doesn't get mentioned anywhere is it appears you have to exit the airport to then check in again for the flight to Tromso. My outward journey has one hour turnaround!!!
Old Dec 24, 2019, 1:49 pm

It all depends on the details - the exact flight numbers.

However..when you have purchased all of these flights together on one ticket it is almost guaranteed that your flights will interline, i.e. your luggage will be directly checked through to the final destination, and you should get a boarding pass for all flights from the moment you first check in.

What is possible is that when arriving at a transfer point that you will have to exit the secure zone and re-pass through security, however if the ticket is sold by KLM there should be enough time to do so.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 1:53 pm

It all depends on the details - the exact flight numbers.

However..when you have purchased all of these flights together on one ticket it is almost guaranteed that your flights will interline, i.e. your luggage will be directly checked through to the final destination, and you should get a boarding pass for all flights from the moment you first check in.

What is possible is that when arriving at a transfer point that you will have to exit the secure zone and re-pass through security, however if the ticket is sold by KLM there should be enough time to do so.
Unless OP have a domestic connection in Norway in which case IIRC he will need to clear customs and re-check his bags.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto
Unless OP have a domestic connection in Norway in which case IIRC he will need to clear customs and re-check his bags.
I do have a domestic in Norway as I'm flying CDG > AMS > Bergen > Tromso

Not exactly sure how this is going to be managed with just 1 hour to spare!
Old Dec 25, 2019, 1:02 am

The MCT for this connection is 50 minutes so I suppose it is doable, that being said it's not a connection I would personally book (but I've only ever flown to BGO once and never connected there), please report back on your experience...
Old Dec 25, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Ditto
The MCT for this connection is 50 minutes so I suppose it is doable, that being said it's not a connection I would personally book (but I've only ever flown to BGO once and never connected there), please report back on your experience...
MCT does not apply to connections where you have to pick up luggage and check in again, does it?
Old Dec 25, 2019, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by carnarvon
MCT does not apply to connections where you have to pick up luggage and check in again, does it?
Well all Int to Dom connections at certain airports require you to pickup luggage and check in again so I don't know what other MCT could there be.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by TographerE
From the Confirmation Email I received just after booking it quite clearly stated that the flight on Wideroe was operated by KLM. Just spoken to the Platinum line who have given a favourable solution which I am more than happy with

This must be wrong.

KLM will not sell you flights on their own services but coded with a non-Skyteam, non-FB partner airline (such as Wideroe).

Think about it: what possible reason could there be for KLM to sell you a ticket on their own flight but using such an obscure airline's codeshare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.