Qantas and Flying Blue: new partnership

Old Feb 20, 2024, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Digicola
That being said, considering the price of cash tickets on QF redeem miles is quite a good deal on short flights like SYD-ADL.

Also that 50,000 price for SYD-MEL J is the Y price for SYD-LAX… just to put things into perspective
Well, I was thinking more along the lines of....if FB can offer you a J seat on QF, this means they can also offer you a Y seat for 7.5k.

(That said, all availability appears to have been pulled now, so perhaps Ben Lipsey is having them correct the awful J pricing)

And for a short hop between SYD and MEL economy is more than adequate, especially if you end up on a bogstandard 737
Old Feb 20, 2024, 2:41 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Well, I was thinking more along the lines of....if FB can offer you a J seat on QF, this means they can also offer you a Y seat for 7.5k.

(That said, all availability appears to have been pulled now, so perhaps Ben Lipsey is having them correct the awful J pricing)

And for a short hop between SYD and MEL economy is more than adequate, especially if you end up on a bogstandard 737
Sorry I meant to say that I agree J pricing is absolutely awful. But the Y flights are surprisingly quite a good deal in some cases.

(the SYD-LAX quote was just to illustrate how stupidly priced SH J tickets were)
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Digicola
(the SYD-LAX quote was just to illustrate how stupidly priced SH J tickets were)
I tend to think in terms of: LAX-AMS (or anywhere in Europe) is 50k in J.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.