Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

I have a serious problem. Confirmed email that is not showing up in airline system.

I have a serious problem. Confirmed email that is not showing up in airline system.

Old Dec 1, 19, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Hello everyone.

Would appreciate a bit of understanding here....my uncle passed away and I had to scramble overseas to go to a funeral so please be gentle if this topic has been covered.

By chance, I found a wonderful business class award availability ) KLM/flying blue) in Feb and booked 2 seats one way in business and the both back in economy.

I received a confirmation email of the booking from KLM a couple days ago and just in case I went to the website today to check only to find out that my booking isn't there!

I called customer service and they can't seem to find this record - and for some bizarre reason, the confirmation # on the outbound flight ended up being the same as the inbound flight???? I don't even understand how this happened since they were booked one after the other (inbound first / then outbound as two separate one way bookings).

Per recommendation of customer service, they directed me to the flying blue contact us portal from which I sent a PDF attachment of my email confirmation.

Is there anyone who can suggest the best path forward to getting this resolved? I'm worried that my email will go into the customer service black hole and I will never get a response.

I'm also very concerned now since I got the outbound business class flight as a promo and the point redemption amount has drastically increased since a couple days ago. I really need to get his resolved fast and it's tough b/c of the situation I'm in due to my uncle passing away. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much and blessed thanksgiving to all.
Old Dec 1, 19, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Also....given my circumstance, does anyone know if a confirmation email from KLM/flying blue is binding? If you got a confirmation email of the booking and no ticket then do they have to honor this or could I get screwed in the end?
Old Dec 2, 19, 12:37 am

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Originally Posted by jesoonster View Post
I don't even understand how this happened since they were booked one after the other (inbound first / then outbound as two separate one way bookings).
So it wasnt in the same booking ? i want to be sure you did two separate purchases which mean you received two emails

Originally Posted by jesoonster View Post
I'm also very concerned now since I got the outbound business class flight as a promo and the point redemption amount has drastically increased since a couple days ago. I really need to get his resolved fast and it's tough b/c of the situation I'm in due to my uncle passing away. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much and blessed thanksgiving to all.
did you checked your miles activity ?? you also probably paid taxes for this inbound flight ??

So what are the statements from your bank and FB account ???

If nothing related to this inbound flight , then for some reasons transaction failed . However if they did took miles+money they need to provide what you paid for or reimburse you everything

And if they give you back money+miles , you will most probably have to book again by yourself and current rates.
Old Dec 2, 19, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
I donít follow the timeline. You had to scramble overseas but found a flight in February? Are these two transactions? Will you be away for three months? Does the email include a ticket number?
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Dec 2, 19, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Sorry for the confusion LondonElite.

The miles were initially taken from my account but I see them redeposited. The confirmation email shows that "total amount paid online" in taxes are 0 (called my credit card company and there was no denial of credit card charges).

It seems that there was some kind of failure.....somewhere that I cannot explain.

Londonelite- my uncle passing away and my going overseas is independent of the problem. Sorry for adding details that confused you.

I booked two separate 1 way flights from US to Europe on KLM. I first booked the inbound flight from Europe to US which was successfully booked with a confirmation # followed by the ticket email shortly after. The outbound from US to Europe was booked in business as a one-way afterwards. I only received the confirmation email (no ticket).

I'm calling KLM directly overseas in Europe to solve this problem. If this reservation was confirmed, not booked, and I never received cancellation notice do I have any fighting chance of getting the business class ticket through and how I may go about doing it? Thank you for your advice and time in advance.
Old Dec 2, 19, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My apologies, I had assumed you booked tickets to attend a funeral, which is why the timeline was confusing me. In any case, my condolences.

so you booked two separate one-way award flights, one of which was not ticketed it seems. My only suggestion is to resolve this on the phone to KLM. I donít know whether you will be successful in getting that award pricing as there may not be award space left, and I donít think they will force space for you.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Dec 2, 19, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Looks like I have a fighting chance and am expecting a call in next 20 min or so. The award inventory is available..just requires more miles which I don't have The CS said she will try to give special consideration. Fingers crossed...will let everyone know. Thank you for your support and advice.
Old Dec 2, 19, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You booked KLM flights from a KLM account, right? In that case they should make the pricing available to you if it is their ticketing fault.
Old Dec 2, 19, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Yes I booked the tickets directly with KLM and received confirmation from KLM (with all the faults - 2 separate one-way itineraries with same booking reference #, confirmation email). It wasn't the fault of my credit card company b/c they never denied a transaction...so it's definitely the fault of KLM let's see what they do....fingers crossed.
Old Dec 2, 19, 4:30 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
What sometimes happens is that it doesn't ticket properly and you have to call in and complete the purchase. That has happened to me at least 3 times. The ongoing lack of a ticket number is what alerted me to it.
Old Dec 2, 19, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
What sometimes happens is that it doesn't ticket properly and you have to call in and complete the purchase. That has happened to me at least 3 times. The ongoing lack of a ticket number is what alerted me to it.
We see this on FT a lot. People get a confirmation with a PNR and then find out on the day of travel that, for whatever reason, the booking was never ticketed. ALWAYS ENSURE THAT YOU RECEIVE A TICKET NUMBER. A PNR is not a ticket!
glennhaak and MSPeconomist like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: