Wiki Posts
Search

Any way to spend 1500 miles?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Any way to spend 1500 miles?

Hello,
I recently signed up to Flying Blue, only because I bought a ticket for the first time with Air France. I bought it cheaply, and it will earn me very little mileage, and I have no plans to be a regular customer in the the future. However, my account received 1500 miles because of a class action compensation if I understand correctly.
Is there any use for them, either in-flight (I have an upcoming flight) or online? Or is it too little to do anything with?
What are they worth anyway, like less than 5 USD?
Thanks.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
There's nothing you can do with this IMO. I am not even sure you can give so little to charity.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
maybe you can use it to ever-so-slightly lower lower the cost of your next ticket? or was that only for award tickets to pitch in with money for missing miles?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
maybe you can use it to ever-so-slightly lower lower the cost of your next ticket?
not with just 1500 miles
Old Nov 27, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
or you can buy yourself (or someone else) 2k miles next time when something appealing for you shows up in promo awards. I believe AMS-TXL is 3500 miles one way now + some domestic within France
Old Nov 27, 2019, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Nicholas Miroshnik
I recently signed up to Flying Blue, only because I bought a ticket for the first time with Air France. I bought it cheaply, and it will earn me very little mileage, and I have no plans to be a regular customer in the the future. However, my account received 1500 miles because of a class action compensation if I understand correctly.
Can you please explain how you were entitled to participate in a class action lawsuit if this was your first-ever Air France ticket?

We've not had any reports of a class-action lawsuit involving Flying Blue miles compensation, so please, tell us more!
glennhaak likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Can you please explain how you were entitled to participate in a class action lawsuit if this was your first-ever Air France ticket?

We've not had any reports of a class-action lawsuit involving Flying Blue miles compensation, so please, tell us more!
"In accordance with a settlement that was approved by The District Court of Tel-Aviv-Jaffa on 14 February 2019 in Class Action file No. 4180-06-15, your Flying Blue account was credited with 1,500 Miles. You have received this e-mail because it forms a basic part of the Flying Blue programme. If you no longer wish to receive commercial communication please click below.Regards,
Air France KLM team, Israel"

I don't know why I was credited despite being a new customer.

By the way, I can't transfer it either, right? Because it isn't free...
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Nicholas Miroshnik
"In accordance with a settlement that was approved by The District Court of Tel-Aviv-Jaffa on 14 February 2019 in Class Action file No. 4180-06-15, your Flying Blue account was credited with 1,500 Miles. You have received this e-mail because it forms a basic part of the Flying Blue programme. If you no longer wish to receive commercial communication please click below.Regards,
Air France KLM team, Israel"

I don't know why I was credited despite being a new customer.

By the way, I can't transfer it either, right? Because it isn't free...
This actually has a thread in the AF forum, and those who received this amount also appear unsure why, although they at least had existing accounts!

Israeli Class Action
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I have 1634 leftover miles that I was looking for a use for, and stumbled upon this: Probably your best option at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.