FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Flying Blue Gold / Elite plus benefits on Virgin (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1996133-flying-blue-gold-elite-plus-benefits-virgin.html)

The doomed Nov 19, 2019 11:14 am

Flying Blue Gold / Elite plus benefits on Virgin

Have a KL ticket Dulles to Heathrow next month on Virgin.

Are there any benefits I can get with Flying Blue status? Beyond lounge access at Dulles (sometime handy) and some kind of priority boarding (usual helpful as travel hand baggage only) I don't think there's anything I'd be possibly missing out on anyway (Vs flying AF/DL/KLM)

Goldorak Nov 19, 2019 2:19 pm

I suppose you fly Y ?
I am not sure you will have access to the VS lounge in IAD, but I think you can be a refugee at the AFKL lounge.
Priority boarding : likely not.

The doomed Nov 19, 2019 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 31755341)
I suppose you fly Y ?
I am not sure you will have access to the VS lounge in IAD, but I think you can be a refugee at the AFKL lounge.
Priority boarding : likely not.

Yeh, Y.

I'll report back in a few weeks ^

irishguy28 Nov 20, 2019 1:55 am

Originally Posted by The doomed (Post 31754644)
Beyond lounge access at Dulles (sometime handy) and some kind of priority boarding (usual helpful as travel hand baggage only) I don't think there's anything I'd be possibly missing out on anyway (Vs flying AF/DL/KLM)

The answer to these types of questions can always be found by checking the relevant partner page on the Flying Blue website, which sums up the benefits per partner. You will see, though, that Virgin Atlantic is not (yet) a Flying blue partner.

At the moment, there is only a codesharing arrangement. You will have to wait until the joint venture kicks in befor any sort of reciprocal frequent flyer benefits are announced.

Therefore, and despite a report a few months back that an FB member got lounge access in LHR when flying VS, you can be sure that, at Dulles, Flying Blue status won't get you lounge access when travelling on Virgin, nor does it get you priority boarding.

KLflyerRalph Nov 20, 2019 2:50 am

Flying Club Gold does already give access to SkyPriority check-in at AMS. I don't know if that is reciprocal at VS stations.

The doomed Dec 5, 2019 3:59 pm

Lounge access
Tried AF/KLM lounge who politely said no as I was flying on Virgin. Didn't try the Virgin lounge as thought there was no point. Would probably try the next time.

Priority Boarding
"Priority passengers from Air France & KLM" we're called to board with the priority group. Wave of my FB gold card was sufficient.

Goldorak Dec 6, 2019 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by The doomed (Post 31810014)
Lounge access
Tried AF/KLM lounge who politely said no as I was flying on Virgin

:( I am very surprised about this knowing that you had a KL-coded ticket. I really wonder if they were right.

Xandrios Dec 7, 2019 9:27 am

I'd agree. I've had no problems in the past to enter the KL lounge on an cityjet flight with KL code. Was even able to bring in somebody on a wx-coded flight/ticket as my guest. I'd expect the same with Virgin, at least with the KL-coded flight..

Jeppo10 Dec 9, 2019 8:56 am

Am FB gold and recently took a flight from AMS-EWK via LHR. Booked with KLM and flew Virgin.

Didn't have time for lounges so don't know if you're permitted but the big issues were that I wasn't given my usual free checked bags and free seat choice (massive pain in the hole as I was planning to bring wine and I'm well over 2m).

My fault for assuming I'd get the usual perks but I did feel cheated by KLM for selling me the flight.

Davidof00 Jan 21, 2020 1:30 am

Response from flyingblue team

I was about to get tickets to NY on offer on Virgin economy light which doesnt include checked in luggage (Buying on KLM app), so I asked on KLM whatsapp and the response is below:
“Please be informed that your benefits as a Platinum member will not be applicable to flights operated by Virgin.”