Wiki Posts
Search

Which Credit Card boosts my miles?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Which Credit Card boosts my miles?

Hi Community,

I am a frequent flyer with KLM/AF/Delta and seeking for the matching Credit Card to load my account with more miles quicker.
Do you have any recommendations?

thanks in advance
Marley
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Marriott Gold / Hilton Gold / IHG Platinum ... A former AA Platinum
What country do you live in?

Responding for the countries I know about

USA: There's a Bank of America card that mints Flying Blue miles (And some XPs). It's not a good card for spending on air tickets (way better to buy via the Chase Sapphire (2x), Sapphire Reserve (3x) or American Express Platinum (5x) since the points that Chase and Amex mint are transferrable 1:1 to Air France (but you do have the options of, in the end, putting your points in other Frequent flyer accounts, so there's no reason to mint fewer points and be less flexible). It's an ok card for expenses where you wouldn't get a special category bonus: 1.5 flying blue mile per dollar spent (this is how I use the BofA card)

France: There's an Amex Air France co-branded card. The earnings are comparatively lower than what you'll find in the US (this is true of all reward cards, really).

Netherlands: I believe there's also a Dutch Amex that's co-branded KLM and mints some miles and XPs. But unlike the American and French cards, which I have, I am not Dutch so I don't have the Dutch cards.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by MarleyMania
Hi Community,

I am a frequent flyer with KLM/AF/Delta and seeking for the matching Credit Card to load my account with more miles quicker.
Do you have any recommendations?

thanks in advance
Marley
Assuming your account is with Flying Blue, then their website lists all of your options. It will even magically tailor itself to your location so that we don't have to speculate and list exhaustively all the options that Flying Blue has, anyway, listed for you.

https://www.flyingblue.com/
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Living in the US, I will check the website, didnt know they were all listed there.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Assuming your account is with Flying Blue, then their website lists all of your options. It will even magically tailor itself to your location so that we don't have to speculate and list exhaustively all the options that Flying Blue has, anyway, listed for you.
Just checked it. It does not "magically" do .... and on top of that, it does not list any CreditCards, just "Partners" like Hertz, Voyageurs, etc.
So I guess it in fact made sense I asked in this forum...
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gaukuser
What country do you live in?

Responding for the countries I know about

USA: There's a Bank of America card that mints Flying Blue miles (And some XPs). It's not a good card for spending on air tickets (way better to buy via the Chase Sapphire (2x), Sapphire Reserve (3x) or American Express Platinum (5x) since the points that Chase and Amex mint are transferrable 1:1 to Air France (but you do have the options of, in the end, putting your points in other Frequent flyer accounts, so there's no reason to mint fewer points and be less flexible). It's an ok card for expenses where you wouldn't get a special category bonus: 1.5 flying blue mile per dollar spent (this is how I use the BofA card)

France: There's an Amex Air France co-branded card. The earnings are comparatively lower than what you'll find in the US (this is true of all reward cards, really).

Netherlands: I believe there's also a Dutch Amex that's co-branded KLM and mints some miles and XPs. But unlike the American and French cards, which I have, I am not Dutch so I don't have the Dutch cards.
Thank you very much for your answer. This is very helpful!

Sorry for my uneducated questions about this, but I don't really know anything about that topic yet:
So for the "Bank of America card" you came up with, would it e.g. be possible to pay the rent with that card and get miles for it?

Best regards
Marley
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Marriott Gold / Hilton Gold / IHG Platinum ... A former AA Platinum
MarleyMania It's a regular mastercard.
If your landlord takes mastercard, then you can pay rent with it

it's really not about the card
Old Nov 2, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by MarleyMania
Just checked it. It does not "magically" do .... and on top of that, it does not list any CreditCards, just "Partners" like Hertz, Voyageurs, etc..
It does!

I just checked, and choosing "financial services" in the "partners" section takes you to a new page with 4 cards.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Best one would be AMEX Platinum, 5x points / $ spent on airfare => 5 miles / $ (or 6.25 miles / $ when there's a promo), however it has $550 fee. BoA has Flying Blue World Elite Mastercard, 3x points / $ spent on airfare, but + 60 XP on signup (and +20 XP / 5k miles on anniversary and additional +40 XP if spent over the year is more than $15000).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.