Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Air France CDG-NRT 0276/0275 (777-300) [vs KLM 777-200]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold

I'm planning flying to Tokyo in December, and saw that Air France's 777-300s can have some pretty dated interiors, especially in Y, on the CDG-NRT route. I was wondering if anyone has flown it recently and can provide an update on if they're flying the refreshed interior or still the dated one without WiFi or power ports?

There's alternatively a flight on KLM's 777-200 which seems to be a nicer interior, but would be a one hour transit in between MAD-AMS and AMS-NRT. Is this the better option even with a one hour connection?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:10 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I would go with KLM even with the one hour transit - which you will most probably make it (the flight will most probably arrive earlier). Schiphol is also a much smaller airport to do the transfer from non-Schegen to Schengen compared to CDG which can be quite a far walk and long lines at security and passport control.
I believe inflight service wise in Y, KLM is slightly better compared to AF.

Cheers!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 12:51 am

Programs: FB Plat
If you click on the "view details" button while making a dummy booking you can see what to expect for your flight in terms of IFE. On AF on the CDG-NRT route it can be indeed slightly dated...

Personally, I would not considere it a no-go on the CDG-NRT leg (night flight) but things could be different on the return (day flight). As nldogbert a 1h-transit in AMS should not scare you.

If you have status with Skyteam, I find AF lounges better than KL (for the return flight it would be the same btw) but on the other hand KL offers cheap/free "Economy comfort" seats for STE+ with a very nice legroom.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:04 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by skydelt
I'm planning flying to Tokyo in December, and saw that Air France's 777-300s can have some pretty dated interiors, especially in Y, on the CDG-NRT route. I was wondering if anyone has flown it recently and can provide an update on if they're flying the refreshed interior or still the dated one without WiFi or power ports?
check this website , you will see plenty of pictures . Also it depends if the plane scheduled for your flight has been updated or not

https://flight-report.com/en/s/?airl...=1&W=1&J=1&F=1

Originally Posted by skydelt
IThere's alternatively a flight on KLM's 777-200 which seems to be a nicer interior, but would be a one hour transit in between MAD-AMS and AMS-NRT. Is this the better option even with a one hour connection?
KL 777 are nice , or at least basic but efficient . i would prefer this option too

However one hour can be very risky especially because of passports control . Iam lucky cause often there are no queues , however depends on the day/time of your flights it can be quite busy

Last edited by fifty_two; Oct 17, 2019 at 2:58 am
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by fifty_two
check this website , you will see plenty of pictures . Also it depends if the plane scheduled for your flight has been updated or not

However one hour can be very risky especially because of passports control . Iam lucky cause often there are no queues , however depends on the day/time of your flights it can be quite busy

yes , but
If you show your BP at the passport control they will let you go to the front usually with a short connection in AMS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.