XP calculation

Old Sep 25, 19, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

XP calculation

Hi,

I'm close to my objective to hit the Platinum status on FB (and it's quite hard due to the fact that I only fly in Y, or at least, I only pay for Y + I live in a country with only one ST company).

I booked some flights in late December to come back to France, but as a fool, I postponed my return (on 2nd of January), so the XP will be credited after this flight.. so will I miss my last 24XP or they are keen to give us more time that the usual annual calendar limit ?

Thanks !
Old Sep 25, 19, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
No they won’t extend the limit.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 19, 12:19 am

Hi i dont know how much xp you need ...
If only the xp for the outbound you will receive these xp before the 31dec
Old Sep 26, 19, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wil973 View Post
Hi i dont know how much xp you need ...
If only the xp for the outbound you will receive these xp before the 31dec
I need 16 and my full itinerary worth 46XP ! I could score those 23 with my first flights in December (a marvelous DOH-BEY-LHR-AMS-BOD).
Old Sep 26, 19, 4:51 am

Programs: FB Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Coder33 View Post
I need 16 and my full itinerary worth 46XP ! I could score those 23 with my first flights in December (a marvelous DOH-BEY-LHR-AMS-BOD).
Considering you are awarded the XP about a day or so after your 'outbound' trip to your final destination, you should get the 16XP you need before the 31st of December deadline.

So, you should be okay?

EDIT: I was a bit silly and missed Wil973's post
Old Sep 26, 19, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lawrious View Post
Considering you are awarded the XP about a day or so after your 'outbound' trip to your final destination, you should get the 16XP you need before the 31st of December deadline.

So, you should be okay?

EDIT: I was a bit silly and missed Wil973's post

You sure ? I never noticed being rewarded with the XP after the completion of half of my journey.
Old Sep 26, 19, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You sure ? I never noticed being rewarded with the XP after the completion of half of my journey.
It varies. Sometimes, it is very quick (next day), sometimes much longer and sometimes not at all (and you need to retroclaim).
In any event, the date at which the XPs eventually land in the account is not crucial. What matters is the date of the flight. As long as the flight is in the appropriate period, even if it posts weeks later will make no difference.
Fabo.sk and Lawrious like this.
Old Sep 26, 19, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
The XPs are backdated to the date of the flight. Not to the date they reach your account.

If the flying you do in the month of December is sufficient to bring you to 300XP or more, then it doesn't matter when the XPs reach your account. The XPs for flights in December are associated with dates in December, and even if they don't post to your account until some time in January, your account will be upgraded to Platinum once they see that your December flights got you to 300XP.
Old Sep 26, 19, 6:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
When did you reach GOLD ?
Dont we have one year after we reach GOLD to accumulate 300 XP and reach PLATINUM ?
There is no more annual calendar limit.
Old Sep 26, 19, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by Festou View Post
When did you reach GOLD ?
Dont we have one year after we reach GOLD to accumulate 300 XP and reach PLATINUM ?
There is no more annual calendar limit.
Only a small fraction of Flying Blue members will have so far changed their membership year so that it no longer aligns with the calendar year.

The only people who no longer run with the calendar years are those pre-existing members who went up a status level in the months of April-November 2018, or at any point in 2019 to date, as well as those who opened a new Flying Blue account at any time since the new programme commenced except those who opened a new account in January 2019 or those who opened a new account in 2018 after the new programme started but went up in status in December 2018. All others - those who opened new Flying Blue accounts in January 2019 and are still FB Explorer level; those who upped status in the final month of their pre-existing membership year (i.e. December 2018); those who have maintained their status level since before the new programme commenced; and all those who have only dropped in status level since the new programme commenced, all still have their membership years aligned with the calendar year.

It is in order to preserve the link to the calendar year that I have "engineered" my ascent to Platinum to occur in December 2019

But you raise a valid point; we assume the OP knows his/her qualification year ends on 31 December 2019, but as you rightly point out, this may not actually be the case.

Last edited by irishguy28; Sep 26, 19 at 6:56 am
Old Sep 26, 19, 6:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Thanks for the clarification irishguy28 !
Old Sep 26, 19, 8:16 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
As Irishguy indicates, then you are fine - you will be 7 XP over 300 by 31 December. Flight dates count, not the moment that XPs are added to your account.
Old Sep 26, 19, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC E50K (MM) FB (Silver)
I thought that I understood the rules and regulations for x/p earning and carry over, but now I am not so sure...

Ms SWMBO Stanbury, currently Gold, will have accrued approximately 192 x/p's by the end of 2019 -- so she will of course be Gold again for 2020 -- yippee!
My question is whether she then starts her next year's Quest for Gold retaining the balance (12 xp's), thus needing 168 to retain Gold for 2021. Or are those 12 x/p's are lost at year end? I thought that the answer is that she retains them -- I seem to recall a phrase about them being "yours to keep", but I cannot now find that written in black and white...

I'd be very glad of any wisdom on this. Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 19, 2:13 pm

Programs: AF/KLM FB Silver, AccorHotels Gold
Originally Posted by Stanbury View Post
I thought that I understood the rules and regulations for x/p earning and carry over, but now I am not so sure...

Ms SWMBO Stanbury, currently Gold, will have accrued approximately 192 x/p's by the end of 2019 -- so she will of course be Gold again for 2020 -- yippee!
My question is whether she then starts her next year's Quest for Gold retaining the balance (12 xp's), thus needing 168 to retain Gold for 2021. Or are those 12 x/p's are lost at year end? I thought that the answer is that she retains them -- I seem to recall a phrase about them being "yours to keep", but I cannot now find that written in black and white...

I'd be very glad of any wisdom on this. Thanks.
She'd keep the 12 XP left over.
Old Sep 26, 19, 4:01 pm

Programs: AC E50K (MM) FB (Silver)
Originally Posted by mlin32 View Post
She'd keep the 12 XP left over.
Thanks very much -- that's what we hoped to hear!

Search this Thread