west jet or delta

Old Sep 19, 19, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Plat, BA Bronze
west jet or delta

I;'m going to be traveling IAH-YYC. I have the option of ticketing the same westjet flight to delta or west jet. I don't know the class ahead of time as its a corp travel agent. which is the best bet?
Old Sep 19, 19, 2:30 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by highlander100 View Post
I;'m going to be traveling IAH-YYC. I have the option of ticketing the same westjet flight to delta or west jet. I don't know the class ahead of time as its a corp travel agent. which is the best bet?
If accrual the miles to Flying Blue:
- Delta ticketed, Delta operated flights: XP and miles
- WS ticket, WS operated flights: XP and miles
- Delta ticketed, WS operated flights: NO XP, NO MILES
- WS ticketed, DL operated flight: NO XP, NO MILES

You may have extra check bag, priority check-in, and boarding, lounge access (STE+), and complimentary upgrade (if travelling alone, bigger chance on SEA-YYC) when taking DL operated flights. But if you take WS operated flights, nothing at all.

But I do not think DL has direct service IAH-YYC, you may need to make a transfer in MSP, SEA, SLC (not sure) if you want to stick with DL.
Old Sep 19, 19, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by tbaiyun View Post
But I do not think DL has direct service IAH-YYC, you may need to make a transfer in MSP, SEA, SLC (not sure) if you want to stick with DL.
As I understand it, the OP is booking a direct non-stop Westjet flight, but is wondering whether to book it as a WS or a DL ticket ("I have the option of ticketing the same westjet flight to delta or west jet.").
Old Sep 20, 19, 2:28 am

Programs: FB Plat
Also make sure that by "ticketing to xx" you mean "have a flight number starting with xx" and not "emitted on xx stock".
Flying Blue XP/miles accrual are based on the flight number and not on the ticket stock.

Search this Thread