FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Flying Blue Petroleum - Lounge Access Query (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1987233-flying-blue-petroleum-lounge-access-query.html)

UTFB Sep 14, 2019 12:45 am

Flying Blue Petroleum - Lounge Access Query

Does the Flying Blue Petroleum lounge access only apply when connecting through AMS / CDG from an oil route?

For example – if I travel MAD>AMS>MME am I able to access the AMS lounge with my Petroleum card? Or is this not permitted as I am not flying from an oil route destination (MAD)?

There is no mention of this on the Flying Blue page. The text about lounge access simply states: At Paris-Charles de Gaulle or Amsterdam-Schiphol airport, get lounge access during your connection between 2 flights marketed as and operated by Air France or KLM on the same day as travel…”

Thanks!

Coder33 Sep 14, 2019 3:04 am

You are supposed to be granted the access to the lounge even if it's not an oil destination.

As long it is 2 AF/KLM marketed flights on the same day, you are entitled to access the lounge.

Btw, I find Petroleum lounge-access pretty unuseful as you can't access lounges from the departure airport of oil destinations (IAH, DOH, ...).

UTFB Sep 14, 2019 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Coder33 (Post 31523631)
You are supposed to be granted the access to the lounge even if it's not an oil destination.

As long it is 2 AF/KLM marketed flights on the same day, you are entitled to access the lounge.

Btw, I find Petroleum lounge-access pretty unuseful as you can't access lounges from the departure airport of oil destinations (IAH, DOH, ...).

Perfect, thanks for your reply.

Yes agreed its not too useful if you cannot use lounges at your departure point, but this is better than nothing I suppose!

Fabo.sk Sep 14, 2019 10:39 am

Yes, you can't use the lounge at departure point, but you get SkyPriority and it's laughably easy to qualify, so a decent value program I think.

Boturham Sep 14, 2019 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk (Post 31524593)
Yes, you can't use the lounge at departure point, but you get SkyPriority and it's laughably easy to qualify, so a decent value program I think.

You do not get the full Skypriority service though. You can check in at the Skypriority desks in AMS, but for example you get booted out of the Skypriority passport lane in EZE without hesitation as your ticket doesn't say Skypriority. And its free, I was happy with at least receiving the sped up check in services.

ABZMike Sep 17, 2019 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Boturham (Post 31526051)
You do not get the full Skypriority service though. You can check in at the Skypriority desks in AMS, but for example you get booted out of the Skypriority passport lane in EZE without hesitation as your ticket doesn't say Skypriority. And its free, I was happy with at least receiving the sped up check in services.

I find waving my Petroleum card solves that issue. For me, changing regularly through CDG or AMS it is really useful, such as 7 hours in the AMS lounge last Monday. Largely skipping queues and group 2 boarding as nice as well, given it is free. Needs to be AF or KLM metal though, not just codeshares.