Miles credited from Air Europa O class

Old Sep 11, 19, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Miles credited from Air Europa O class

I recently completed a round trip booking in Air Europa (O class business), and credited them to Flying Blue (I didn't realise beforehand that it wasn't an eligible booking class). However, although the outbound miles never posted (and when I requested them the request was denied), the inbound miles and XP did post. Is this some sort of glitch? And does it happen regularly enough to make crediting O class fares to Flying Blue worthwhile...
Old Sep 11, 19, 5:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
AFAIK O class doesn't credit to FB, and I personally never had a "glitch" that made it happen. I wouldn't bet on it, seems to be some kind of random behavior unlikely to happen again
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 19, 8:15 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Are you sure both were O?

If O was to become an earning class that is great news to me
Old Sep 11, 19, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
Are you sure both were O?
This appears the most likely explanation, rather than that you benefitted from a "glitch" that incorrectly credited you for an "O" class flight.

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
If O was to become an earning class that is great news to me
Note: the earning table has not changed as regards O, it remains a non-earning fare.
Old Sep 11, 19, 2:49 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
A bit like X-class on Air France KLM, where no-one but Flying Blue members can collect miles, O-class permits collection for AirEuropa SUMA members only. Was hoping it might have changed by now.
Old Sep 12, 19, 4:48 am
Original Poster

I've had a closer look and it appears that the return was class I, (didn't look that closely in the beginning as both legs were bought same time and ticket). As a follow up does anyone know the best way to credit different segments to different airlines before flight (rather than waiting and doing it retrospectively or doing the entire itinerary to one programme, I would want to credit anything eligible to Flying Blue to FB and only O-class ones to Suma)?
Old Sep 12, 19, 4:59 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just ask them to change it at the gate, that's usually not a problem. I've had similar situations and have changed it while downroute. Other programmes, like Lufthansa, are very aggressive about forcing their number to some, by default, stay in the booking.

Search this Thread