Longer flights on AF site

Old Aug 29, 19, 12:25 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 10
Longer flights on AF site

I've got a fare on ITA that I'm trying to get to show up on the AF website, it's AF-OZ-KL so it should show up, but it's a little long so I don't see it on the AF website.

Is there some trick to getting the AF website to show me a specific fare?
I can get it on priceline or call AF to get it, but on priceline I'm not sure how it'd be ticketed and how my baggage allowance will be, on phone I'd have to pay extra for the service charge.
Learath2 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 19, 1:09 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: YOW
Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Posts: 254
There is a phone number on the website for technical support, toll-free and I think if you state your problem (e.g. asking for a specific fare category that unable to find on the website) and they will be able to make the reservation and waive the service charge.
tbaiyun is offline  
Old Aug 30, 19, 1:54 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW and KBP
Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Posts: 848
Originally Posted by Learath2 View Post
I've got a fare on ITA that I'm trying to get to show up on the AF website, it's AF-OZ-KL so it should show up, but it's a little long so I don't see it on the AF website.

Is there some trick to getting the AF website to show me a specific fare?
I can get it on priceline or call AF to get it, but on priceline I'm not sure how it'd be ticketed and how my baggage allowance will be, on phone I'd have to pay extra for the service charge.
it depends also how complex is the itinerary . Is it 100% AF ? Or AF/KL ? at least can you see the same configuration of flights/time/days from AF website?

Can you give us your exact query ?

often AF website will display less KL oriented flights unless no other choices
fifty_two is offline  
Old Aug 30, 19, 2:01 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 10
Itinerary

I'm not quite sure on how best to post it but the construction is AF1631-AF264-OZ108-KL862-KL1637 31 March-15 April.

The same flight with Korean Air does show up but the Asiana one I think is a little too long of a layover to show on the site. The return flight on KL does show up easily though.
Learath2 is offline  
Old Aug 30, 19, 4:33 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW and KBP
Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Posts: 848
Ok i found what i needed

advice = next time better to give the route cause normally you choose a route , not flight codes

In your case the problem might come from the OZ flight , as its not skyteam . Sometimes/usually codeshares with airlines from other alliances are more expensive

Also be aware that OTA can have specifc agreements with airlines regardless of the alliance , and they can sometimes be cheaper than airlines , and they can offer crazy journeys with lot of long layovers

are you able to find the same route with same flights at same dates with AF or KL ? if yes , whats the price difference ?

for which reason you want this exact route ? mxp-cdg-icn-nrt-ams-mxp

If price is your only motivation you probably can find cheaper

Last edited by fifty_two; Aug 30, 19 at 4:39 am
fifty_two is offline  
Old Aug 30, 19, 4:36 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 10
In this case I gave the route in flight codes as I specifically need to be on OZ108. I can definitely get the same route at the same dates only using AF and KL or AF+KE and KL.

I don't really mind booking through an OTA but both priceline and gotogate price this similarly, priceline says baggage depends on each airline, gotogate says there is no included checked baggage, however looking at similar flights on AFs website that do include baggage seem to price this the same as the OTAs. That's why I wanted to get it from AF and make sure I have a luggage allowance.
Learath2 is offline  
Old Aug 30, 19, 4:49 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 10
OTAs price this similar to what AF prices the KE one on their site, but with OTAs I'm not really sure of the baggage allowance I get.

With just AF and KL flights it comes out to 875e, AF and KE comes out to 527e. But those aren't really valid options for me, I need a specific ticket.

I want that exact route because I have a friend taking IST-ICN-NRT-ICN-IST, and another taking TRN-CDG-ICN-AMS-TRN.
Want to spend the long layover in Korea with them then take OZ108 so we can all head over to NRT on the same flight.
Learath2 is offline  
Old Aug 30, 19, 5:07 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW and KBP
Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Posts: 848
Originally Posted by Learath2 View Post
OTAs price this similar to what AF prices the KE one on their site, but with OTAs I'm not really sure of the baggage allowance I get.
check the terms and conditions , also luggage allowance should be displayed before paying

Originally Posted by Learath2 View Post
I want that exact route because I have a friend taking IST-ICN-NRT-ICN-IST, and another taking TRN-CDG-ICN-AMS-TRN.
Want to spend the long layover in Korea with them then take OZ108 so we can all head over to NRT on the same flight.
in such case book as open jaw using the mutli city menu = mxp-cdg-icn / nrt-ams-mxp , so with AF or KL or AZ or SU you will fly from milan to seoul and then later from tokyo back to milan

Check with ITA matrix and google flights rather than OTAs because they are not really good for such purposes

The flight from seoul to tokyo will be with OZ or whoever you want

But be aware that you wont have this on a single ticket so in case of troubles between korea and japan you will be on your own

Originally Posted by Learath2 View Post
..but with OTAs I'm not really sure of the baggage allowance I get...But those aren't really valid options for me, I need a specific ticket.

I want that exact route because I have a friend ...and another ... to spend the long layover in Korea with them then take OZ108 so we can all head over to NRT on the same flight.
You have quite a lot of requirements .

Originally Posted by Learath2 View Post
.With just AF and KL flights it comes out to 875e, AF and KE comes out to 527e. But those aren't really valid options for me, I need a specific ticket.
so the price also is an important factor ???

Last edited by fifty_two; Aug 30, 19 at 5:21 am
fifty_two is offline  
Old Aug 30, 19, 5:39 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
check the terms and conditions , also luggage allowance should be displayed before paying
Priceline refers to AF's site for baggage allowance and that says "In the Economy cabin (except Light fare), you are entitled to 1 checked baggage item weighing up to 23 kg / 50 lb.".

I don't think this is a Light fare? Does AF even have a Light fare on intercontinental flights? How would that be displayed on ITA?

Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
in such case book as open jaw using the mutli city menu = mxp-cdg-icn / nrt-ams-mxp , so with AF or KL or AZ or SU you will fly from milan to seoul and then later from tokyo back to milan
I couldn't find it on AF's site when I tried to look for it as 3-leg or 5-leg.

Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
so the price also is an important factor ???
I don't really care about the price as long as I'm not overpaying for it, e.g. I won't buy 5 one way tickets just to get this itinerary
Learath2 is offline  
Old Aug 30, 19, 6:50 pm
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 10
I had a call with AF and they told me the fare won't show up on their website and I can't book it through them because it includes an OZ flight.
Learath2 is offline  
Old Aug 31, 19, 7:27 am
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Posts: 23,956
Originally Posted by tbaiyun View Post
There is a phone number on the website for technical support, toll-free and I think if you state your problem (e.g. asking for a specific fare category that unable to find on the website) and they will be able to make the reservation and waive the service charge.
Tech support is not the issue here; the website deliberately does not show "long" stopovers, nor tickets that "deliberately" pull in random third-party airlines, such as non-alliance Asiana, as the OP requests. The OP notes that a ticket involving KE shows up - which is hardly surprising, as KE is a Skyteam alliance member and partner!

The number to ring would be the regular reservations line, and the phone fee would not be waived. However, even then, it may very well be that AF will not sell this ticket involving Asiana, and instead only sell tickets involving its alliance partner Korean.

The OP would be better off using a travel agent.
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Aug 31, 19, 7:29 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Tech support is not the issue here; the website deliberately does not show "long" stopovers.

The number to ring would be the regular reservations line, and the phone fee would not be waived.
I did ring the reservations line, and been told they can't reserve OZ flights (quite rudely imho, but w/e call center people are overworked anyway)

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
The OP would be better off using a travel agent.
Definitely, my travel agent was just quoting numbers that are a little too high (972$), and the OTAs I could find wouldn't sell non Light-fare tickets (740$).
It's like paying 230$ just to get hold baggage.

Last edited by Learath2; Aug 31, 19 at 7:40 am
Learath2 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread