FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   KLM or AF 787 J seat?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1983297-klm-af-787-j-seat.html)

jock Aug 16, 2019 4:17 pm

KLM or AF 787 J seat??

Hey
Sorry if this is in the wrong place..feel free to move it.

Looking to fly KLM or AF 787 to Osaka in Feb next year. Wondering who has the better service/seat between the two airlines in J? The seats look the same but I'm reading conflicting reports. Prices are identical for both flights. flight times are similar too. Just looking to see who'd u spend your money with..

many thanks

BobTL Aug 16, 2019 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by jock (Post 31424530)
Hey
Sorry if this is in the wrong place..feel free to move it.

Looking to fly KLM or AF 787 to Osaka in Feb next year. Wondering who has the better service/seat between the two airlines in J? The seats look the same but I'm reading conflicting reports. Prices are identical for both flights. flight times are similar too. Just looking to see who'd u spend your money with..

many thanks

I’d go for KLM.
The hard product is 99% the same. So where are the differences?
- Food. AF has the name to be the better one of the two in catering but KLM has put a lot of focus on catering the last 2 years and honestly where AF does the same (high level) as usual. I don’t see much difference in level anymore but of course AF is more directed to French cuisine so if you are into that then AF is the airline to pick.
- Service. I absolutely love the KLM service and I think it’s a big contrast with AF. The Dutch FA are outgoing, chatty and usually in a very good mood, still very professional of course. AF flight attendants are more stiff but professional and correct, sometimes moody. KLM really has the X factor there.

I’d go for KLM. But why dont you choose KLM out and AF in? Try ‘m both.

Goldorak Aug 17, 2019 1:00 am

Try both. One way AF and one way KL and so you’ll make your own opinion.

jock Aug 17, 2019 1:20 am

Thats the plan...many thxs

Meneer Guggenheimer Aug 18, 2019 10:08 am

And you get a KLM house!

747jetter Aug 18, 2019 10:20 am

First reply says it all but yeah, two flights two airlines sounds best. I might go for AF on a day flight (if there is some) as the wines might be more enjoyable and if you would like to have some small tasting :)

jock Aug 19, 2019 11:45 am

To be honest..we were going to fly klm out and Af back..mainly as those were the cheapest flights. Flying klm out and back would have added £500 each onto the trip. But when i went to klm.com..i was able to fly return for the cheaper price. The other benefit to flying via ams..is getting a flight back to Edi. Easier than Cdg.