Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Europe Business Class Airfrance Menus - Dissapearing/ Change on the KLM menus

Europe Business Class Airfrance Menus - Dissapearing/ Change on the KLM menus

Old Aug 9, 19, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Accor Le Club Platinum, HH Diamond, Avis President, Hertz President Club
Europe Business Class Menus (Disappearing in Air France / Changed on KLM)

Hi all,

I just noticed recently that the AF has withdrawn the menus on Business Class on the European flights (except those longer like SVO-TLV, etc). I suppose is for cutting costs but I find it a little bit odd that they just give you the meal and you "don't really know what you're eating". Also the crew doesn't really explain you by themselves the content of the menu unless u ask for it.

On the KLM Europe Business Class flights they have changed the menus to just Breakfast-Dinner. The option of the Lunch (which used to include sandwichs) is now gone and they only propose the main salad dish for both Lunch/Dinner. That's also kinda bad as the services is being degraded.

Any opinions? What do you think about?

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited by AlexBelt; Aug 9, 19 at 9:18 am Reason: small typo mistake
Old Aug 9, 19, 9:35 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by AlexBelt View Post
I just noticed recently that the AF has withdrawn the menus on Business Class on the European flights (except those longer like SVO-TLV, etc). I suppose is for cutting costs but I find it a little bit odd that they just give you the meal and you "don't really know what you're eating". Also the crew doesn't really explain you by themselves the content of the menu unless u ask for it.
Is it confirmed? I knew about all the issues with menus not being loaded or not corresponding to the real catering, hence could it be that they temporarily stopped giving menus until they have solved issues with their supply chain? If it were for cost-cutting, I would be surprised they would remove menus in J-MH and not on Y-LH.

Anyway I would only feel uncomfortable with that (my opinion is simply that it should be part of the DNA of a French airline to take into account food very seriously - including giving menus to "announce" the meals), but it may be more of a problem for people suffering from allergies.
Old Aug 9, 19, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Accor Le Club Platinum, HH Diamond, Avis President, Hertz President Club
Originally Posted by Porcepic View Post
Is it confirmed? I knew about all the issues with menus not being loaded or not corresponding to the real catering, hence could it be that they temporarily stopped giving menus until they have solved issues with their supply chain? If it were for cost-cutting, I would be surprised they would remove menus in J-MH and not on Y-LH.

Anyway I would only feel uncomfortable with that (my opinion is simply that it should be part of the DNA of a French airline to take into account food very seriously - including giving menus to "announce" the meals), but it may be more of a problem for people suffering from allergies.
Hey Porcepic,

Not really sure about a confirmation on it. I have noticed it since more or less 3 months now on LHR-CDG//CDG-LHR - CDG-AMS//AMS-CDG - CDG-MAD//MAD-CDG - CDG-DUS//DUS-CDG and CDG-FRA/FRA/CDG.

Will ask next time to the crew about it. Personnally, I like to know what I'm being served in written rather than guessing LOL.

Cheers,

Alex
Old Aug 9, 19, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlexBelt View Post
On the KLM Europe Business Class flights they have changed the menus to just Breakfast-Dinner. The option of the Lunch (which used to include sandwiches) is now gone and they only propose the main salad dish for both Lunch/Dinner. That's also kinda bad as the services is being degraded.
Indeed, that's a genuine "enhancement".

Breakfast was always the worst of the meals, both cheap and meagre. Ridiculously, this meal is now served on all flights departing before 12 noon, so you can end up with a breakfast tray at 12h30 p.m.

Johan
Old Aug 9, 19, 12:03 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, Aegean silver, Umbi Umbi classic
Originally Posted by johan rebel View Post
Indeed, that's a genuine "enhancement".

Breakfast was always the worst of the meals, both cheap and meagre. Ridiculously, this meal is now served on all flights departing before 12 noon, so you can end up with a breakfast tray at 12h30 p.m.

Johan
Well, technically the traditional Dutch lunch of 'boterham met kaas' is really just another breakfast anyway - so no real difference there

Can't remark much about AF flights as on my last flight CDG-OTP there was still a menu - although I believe this is classified as a proper mid-haul service and always has hot entrees. Would be good to have some more data points. I agree with OP that I also always like to know what is actually being served!
Old Aug 25, 19, 7:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate / Accor Hotel Platinum
I confirm all menus disappeared for the past months...

It's not a big deal to me if flight attendants knew what is on the menu which is never the case !
I was flying the other day with my wife that has allergies to tuna and was not able to get anything as we would not take the risk
Old Aug 25, 19, 11:07 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
The menu was always hidden below the small plates on AF so I didn't even realized it disappeared.
I've flown so much in AF Medium-Haul Business Class that I've also realized the meals have low variety in general, so I've kinda learned the menus by heart

Search this Thread