Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access Query (Operated by KLM/Marketed by XIAMEN), mixed class (Y/O)

Old Aug 7, 19, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, JAL

Dear All,

Apologies if this question gets asked a lot, but I am a very rare flyer of SkyTeam airlines and my research seems to give a mix of answers.

I was fortunate enough to come across a spectacular sale earlier in the year and booked myself a very reasonable ticket from Europe to China.
The ticket was marketed by Xiamen airlines and will be operated by KLM. The routing is CDG-AMS-PEK return, where the longhaul earns no miles (apart from with Xiamen) but is in business class-O. The short haul is in economy-Y.

Will I receive lounge access at CDG, AMS, and PEK? Or will I not get access? Or will it only be possible tto get access before the longhaul sector?
I am thinking that I probably won't get access on the return from AMS-CDG. I very rarely fly a mixed ticket let alone economy, so I'm sorry if these questions are daft. Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 7, 19, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Those questions are certainly not stupid !
As you are flying business for the long haul sectors, you will have lounge access in AMS and PEK for sure. In CDG, and in AMS for the return, it is not 100% sure but I remember having read some successful stories on this board in similar situations. So no risk to try and explain to the lounge dragon that you are connecting to/from J long-haul. Please report here the outcome. This will be important data point for future similar cases.
Old Aug 7, 19, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, JAL
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
Those questions are certainly not stupid !
As you are flying business for the long haul sectors, you will have lounge access in AMS and PEK for sure. In CDG, and in AMS for the return, it is not 100% sure but I remember having read some successful stories on this board in similar situations. So no risk to try and explain to the lounge dragon that you are connecting to/from J long-haul. Please report here the outcome. This will be important data point for future similar cases.
Thank you for your help and advice.
I wont fly for a month or so but this information helps with my planning.
Old Aug 8, 19, 3:18 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Also, on the way back from AMS to CDG, I believe that you should be able to use the lounge as an arrival lounge based on the PEK-AMS business class flight. Just hand them them business class boarding pass from the flight you just arrived with, and you should get access based on that.
Old Aug 8, 19, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
Also, on the way back from AMS to CDG, I believe that you should be able to use the lounge as an arrival lounge based on the PEK-AMS business class flight. Just hand them them business class boarding pass from the flight you just arrived with, and you should get access based on that.
Indeed.

A friend of mine self-connected from a KLM World Business Class flight arriving in AMS onto a separate economy ticket on LH to MUC last week.

He's got status on *A but not with Skyteam, so I asked him - what did he think of the (almost brand-)new Star Alliance lounge at Schiphol?

Turns out that instead of using that lounge before his Lufthansa flight to Munich, he instead used the Crown Lounge on the basis of his arrival on a KL business class flight.
Goldorak likes this.

Search this Thread