Wiki Posts
Search

Privium blocked that's linked to AMEX Plat

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Privium blocked that's linked to AMEX Plat

So this is interesting. Just got a notice that my privium was blocked due to non-payment after multiple reminders. Something that's supposed to be linked over to my AMEX Platinum card.
Anyone else get this?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Wunk
So this is interesting. Just got a notice that my privium was blocked due to non-payment after multiple reminders. Something that's supposed to be linked over to my AMEX Platinum card.
Anyone else get this?
Yes, multiple reports from some friends too, seems that American Express failed to meet their payment demands after two reminders

One report said that the mails have been sent as a mistake, and that Privium should continue to work. I tried to call myself but the line is overloaded.

Edit: Just got another confirmation that all is well and Privium still works.

Last edited by glennhaak; Aug 7, 2019 at 6:40 am Reason: Added another datapoint
Old Aug 7, 2019, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Yeah just got the same, crisis averted ;-)
glennhaak likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Amex NL has been having some odd issues. A month or two ago they also didn't properly process payments.
glennhaak likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:22 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Sounds like Amex uses some alternative payment method/agreement, and Privium hasn't properly updated their systems to take that into account. Resulting in a non-payment warning.

IT problems at its best. These are the kind of things that companies pay millions for to have their systems updated and tested, and after months or years of back-and-forth things still don't work. These kind of cockups are extremely typical and common with such projects.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by caliform
Amex NL has been having some odd issues. A month or two ago they also didn't properly process payments.
That still happens. My payment of july got procesed 2 days ago...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.