Fully Flexible ticket changem new PNR?

Old Jul 25, 19, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Fully Flexible ticket change, new PNR?

Hi all,

Hoping to tap into some wisdom here, as I think I've been lied to.

I am flying to the US tomorrow and booked my flight via the work travel agent. Now I bought a fully flexible ticket and I needed to extend my stay and change my departure airport. After a massive hassle with the Travel Agency I finally got rebooked at with a 33% premium, although not the same as buying a new ticket. However, they cancelled my old trip and now I have been given a new PNR. Has the agent spotted this mistake then tried to cover his tracks by getting a refund, buying a new ticket then passing on the extra cost to me?

When changing a flex ticket has anyone been given a new PNR with the old ticket cancelled?

Thanks!

Last edited by ManuG14; Jul 25, 19 at 6:26 am Reason: spelling mistake
Old Jul 25, 19, 6:26 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
A fully flex ticket is understood as flex in the dates (and refundable), not the the city of origin or destination.

In your case they cancelled the original ticket, got a refund and issued a new ticket, which happened to be more expensive.
Old Jul 25, 19, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carnarvon View Post
A fully flex ticket is understood as flex in the dates (and refundable), not the the city of origin or destination.

In your case they cancelled the original ticket, got a refund and issued a new ticket, which happened to be more expensive.
Thanks for your reply.

I want to clarify the origin is still the same but it is an open jaw so I arrive in ORD. Was meant to leave from OMA but now leaving a few days later from STL to the same origin.

I think the fact that they were dodging my calls for a whole day has got my hackles up a bit!
Old Jul 25, 19, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by ManuG14 View Post
I needed to extend my stay and change my departure airport.
There's the rub - you are changing your departure airport.

It doesn't matter that it was booked as an open-jaw to begin with; that doesn't mean you can move the location of that jaw with impunity.

Prices vary from city to city and from flight to flight, so when you change your ticket to depart from OMA to depart from STL (or vice versa, or indeed any combination of cities in the US), you are still liable to price differentials.

A "Flex ticket" means you may nothave to pay a change fee, but it doesn't mean you can change to more expensive flights without having to pay more (fare difference).
Attached Images  
ManuG14 and Goldorak like this.

Last edited by irishguy28; Jul 25, 19 at 6:51 am
Old Jul 25, 19, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post

It doesn't matter that it was booked as an open-jaw to begin with; that doesn't mean you can move the location of that jaw with impunity.

Prices vary from city to city and from flight to flight, so when you change your ticket to depart from OMA to depart from STL (or vice versa, or indeed any combination of cities in the US), you are still liable to price differentials.

A "Flex ticket" means you don't pay a change fee, but it doesn't mean you can change to more expensive flights without having to pay more.
Thanks for replying I understand there would be a fare difference but it was that in combination with the PNR change including my outbound which I had already checked in for. I guess I am just seeing things that aren't there.

Thanks for your clarity carnavorn and irishguy28!
Old Jul 25, 19, 6:54 am
Original Poster

A "Flex ticket" means you may nothave to pay a change fee, but it doesn't mean you can change to more expensive flights without having to pay more (fare difference).
I'm in J though
Old Jul 25, 19, 7:09 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by ManuG14 View Post
I'm in J though
That doesn't change anything. Changing the city means you change the fare basis.
irishguy28, ManuG14 and caliform like this.
Old Jul 25, 19, 7:31 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
(...) A "Flex ticket" means you may nothave to pay a change fee, but it doesn't mean you can change to more expensive flights without having to pay more (fare difference).
I would add that what you point at is for a flex ticket; where indeed a fare difference may apply (but no change fee).

However, the OP said : fully flex, which would imply full fare, meaning no fare adjustment.

However, this is a detail. The main point, as you pointed out, is the OP changed the departure city meaning a fare recalculation. That is correct indeed for both flex and fully flex.

Search this Thread