Flying Blue account of minor - online booking not possible?

Old Jul 22, 19, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM E50, KLM Silver
Flying Blue account of minor - online booking not possible?

I am trying to book an award ticket for my son using miles from his FB account. He is 17 but will be 18 at the time of travel.
Every time I enter the city pair and dates and click on find flights, I get this message:

Please log out of your Flying Blue account before making a reservation for a young person or child. You will enter your Flying Blue ID on the Personal Information page.

It doesn't really make sense because when I log out of his account there is no other way to book flights using his miles.
Is the only way to call FB and book them over the phone or is there somekind of glitch in the system?

Thanks in advance if anyone has any wisdom on this.
Old Jul 23, 19, 12:32 am

Programs: Many
You cannot book online awards indeed from your kids' FB account and need to call FB directly. I have done that countless times. Never an issue.
Old Jul 23, 19, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bodory View Post
You cannot book online awards indeed from your kids' FB account and need to call FB directly. I have done that countless times. Never an issue.
Thank you so much bodory, that's good to know.
I'll call them tomorrow and book his flights over the phone.
Old Jul 26, 19, 2:51 am

Programs: Many
Don't forget to ask for the booking fees to be waived because this operation cannot be done online.
Old Jul 26, 19, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bodory View Post
Don't forget to ask for the booking fees to be waived because this operation cannot be done online.
Thanks bodory. I called and they booked it for me. It was easy and service was great. All done and taken care of.
Thanks again for your feedback and help.

Search this Thread