2 Flying Blue Petroleum questions

Old Jul 18, 19, 11:07 am
Original Poster

2 Flying Blue Petroleum questions

Hi guys,

I am fairly new to Flying Blue Petroleum and due to having not flown AF/KL much at all in the last couple years have lost my status with them and have 2 questions that I wondered if anyone could answer from their own experience or knowledge.

I have been on their websites and trawled through here to try to find the information but couldnt find any clear answer really.

1. If I do not meet the 2 short haul or 1 long haul return requirement by the expiry date for the automatic renewal of my membership, can I apply for a new membership or will I be barred?

2. For lounge access at AMS/CDG do I have to be transitting between 2 OIL destinations or can I be transiting between any 2 destinations so long as it is AF/KL metal? Reason I ask is I will actually be on oil business flying ABZ - CDG - NCE - AMS - ABZ very soon however noticed NCE isnt an oil destination whilst MRS is.

Thanks for your help,

FC
Old Jul 18, 19, 11:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by flyingcrazy View Post
Hi guys,

I am fairly new to Flying Blue Petroleum and due to having not flown AF/KL much at all in the last couple years have lost my status with them and have 2 questions that I wondered if anyone could answer from their own experience or knowledge.

I have been on their websites and trawled through here to try to find the information but couldnt find any clear answer really.

1. If I do not meet the 2 short haul or 1 long haul return requirement by the expiry date for the automatic renewal of my membership, can I apply for a new membership or will I be barred?

2. For lounge access at AMS/CDG do I have to be transitting between 2 OIL destinations or can I be transiting between any 2 destinations so long as it is AF/KL metal? Reason I ask is I will actually be on oil business flying ABZ - CDG - NCE - AMS - ABZ very soon however noticed NCE isnt an oil destination whilst MRS is.

Thanks for your help,

FC
I'm not sure regarding your first question, but for your second question: as long as you're connecting in CDG or AMS, the origin or destination do not matter when you're Petroleum, you can enter the lounge.
Old Jul 19, 19, 12:39 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Out of curiosity: which destinations in the AFKL network are considered oil destinations? Couldn't find a list on their site.
Old Jul 19, 19, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
Out of curiosity: which destinations in the AFKL network are considered oil destinations? Couldn't find a list on their site.
AF site links to FB site for this
https://www.flyingblue.com/fr/petroleum
Old Jul 19, 19, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by glennhaak View Post
I'm not sure regarding your first question, but for your second question: as long as you're connecting in CDG or AMS, the origin or destination do not matter when you're Petroleum, you can enter the lounge.
Ah that is a relief, for some reason I thought it was just if you are connecting between oil destinations, however it doesnt actually say that on the website

Search this Thread
Search Engine: