KQ over AF for Madagascar - are they okay?

Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by trantnige
Anything that can go wrong will probably go wrong and the staff are rude and will not help you.
I have had plenty of fine experiences with them. They aren't always great at communication, but in general they have come through for me. Not sure I'd always call it enjoyable, but in the main I'm happy booking them.

Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
If you want to see the Mount Kilimanjaro, then fly Kenya Airways and select a seat on the right hand side.
My experience on the Dar route has been traffic and weather can mean they don't always get that close. It's spectacular when they do though!

Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
So NBO is nowhere near any South African airports...
KQ have started to require wrapping of all checked luggage (at their expense) on the late night JNB-NBO flight...

Originally Posted by nldogbert
I beg to differ on the showers at NBO lounges (I was using the Pride lounge) and although ok'ish (at best) the main issue I had when I used it was there was no hot/warm water.
Oddly enough that's exactly the problem I had in my Nairobi hotel last week I don't remember the lounge shower being scalding any of the times I've used it, but there has been warm water. Hopefully they can still provide it most of the time...
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys.

I will be flying Y as this is a personal trip and not a business trip and I dont usually fly skyteam so have no significant status or air miles. My companion however will be flying J.

My real concerns are losing luggage and flight cancellations however to be honest I have never had particularly great experiences with AF regarding both of these either.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Who steals a single shoe and leaves the other one?
A one legged person, obviously.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.