Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Able to book seats on Economy Light codeshare flight? (Air France)

Old Jul 9, 19, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Iím booking flights to Pittsburgh from Dublin through Air France for next year and when selecting Economy Light on the app, it allows me to select seats for Dublin to Atlanta (a Delta codeshare flight) and same on the way back but not for the domestic US flights from ATL to PIT.

Is this a glitch or is that how Air France works? I donít want to book the Economy Light fare and select seats just to have them null and void as you canít pick seats on Deltaís Economy Basic.

EDIT: Iím able to book them free of charge. Iím an explorer level Flying Blue member.
Old Jul 9, 19, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Which app?

If you mean the Air France or KLM app, then be warned that whatever seat selection AF/KL allow you to make may not be honoured by Delta. AF doesn't allow free seat selection for non-elites on Economy Light fares, so you should assume that your seat selection means nothing.

If you mean the Delta app, then you should be fine....though there, I also expect they would actually want you to pay for a seat, so you may not end up with whatever seat you select if you didn't pay.

As a general rule of thumb, you should select seats with the operating airline - anything a codeshare or any other kind of partner may show you as regards seating is less reliable.
Old Jul 9, 19, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Which app?

If you mean the Air France or KLM app, then be warned that whatever seat selection AF/KL allow you to make may not be honoured by Delta. AF doesn't allow free seat selection for non-elites on Economy Light fares, so you should assume that your seat selection means nothing.

If you mean the Delta app, then you should be fine....though there, I also expect they would actually want you to pay for a seat, so you may not end up with whatever seat you select if you didn't pay.

As a general rule of thumb, you should select seats with the operating airline - anything a codeshare or any other kind of partner may show you as regards seating is less reliable.
It was through the Air France app. I was going to book it through there as it was quite a bit cheaper but I may as well go with main Cabin on Delta to ensure I get the seats. Thanks!

Search this Thread