Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

No longer possible to earn XP on non-SkyTeam partner airlines (excl. Transavia)

No longer possible to earn XP on non-SkyTeam partner airlines (excl. Transavia)

Old Jun 15, 2024, 10:34 am
  #166  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 21
Hello everybody,

I've prefered to ask on this thread instead of opening a new one!

If I buy the ticket in the attached screenshot do I still get XPs for the transavia segment? I know I am supposed to pay for the Plus or Max fare to get the points but since I am buying it directly from KLM website it has a KL code.

If that does not allow me to get XP, would paying for a "standard" fare instead of a "light" one allow me to earn them?

Thank you in advance!


ElPaso90 is offline  
Old Jun 15, 2024, 11:29 am
  #167  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Posts: 2,643
I guess so since a KL flight number. KL and AF codeshares always count, even if you fly with a non ST airline. Bit of a detour of course to go to PMI but....
atflyer is offline  
Old Jun 15, 2024, 1:18 pm
  #168  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Posts: 29,047
Originally Posted by ElPaso90
If I buy the ticket in the attached screenshot do I still get XPs for the transavia segment? I know I am supposed to pay for the Plus or Max fare to get the points but since I am buying it directly from KLM website it has a KL code.
Every flight flown as KLXXXX or AFXXXX earns XPs.

Originally Posted by ElPaso90
If that does not allow me to get XP, would paying for a "standard" fare instead of a "light" one allow me to earn them?
There are no flights for which buying it as a "standard" fare would earn XPs but buying it as a "light" fare would not earn XPs.

The rules that apply to Transavia flights when you buy them from Transavia or as HV/TO coded flights are of no relevance to flights bought as AF/KL flights.
ElPaso90 likes this.
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Jun 16, 2024, 9:12 am
  #169  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 11,722
But you can, somehow, get XPs on Transavia, right?
Concerto is online now  
Old Jun 16, 2024, 9:44 am
  #170  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: CDG
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 61
Originally Posted by Concerto
But you can, somehow, get XPs on Transavia, right?
Simply put: If you buy a ticket on AFKL app/website, then it always earns XP regardless of airline (except points tickets of course)
For Transavia: The Base Fare does not earn, but when you go through the booking engine you could upgrade the fare that will give you certain "perks" (included hand luggage etc) and XP. I believe this is called the "Max" fare. Transavia's pricing is odd though do compare with AFKL... I find ex-Paris Transavia is more expensive than Air France in many cases.
michaeldovecharlie is offline  
Old Jun 16, 2024, 10:32 am
  #171  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Every flight flown as KLXXXX or AFXXXX earns XPs.



There are no flights for which buying it as a "standard" fare would earn XPs but buying it as a "light" fare would not earn XPs.

The rules that apply to Transavia flights when you buy them from Transavia or as HV/TO coded flights are of no relevance to flights bought as AF/KL flights.
Thank you! That's what I thought too but I prefered to ask to be sure. Last week I flew FCO-AMS-RIX-AMS-FCO all flights on KL code but the return flight RIX-AMS (on air Baltic) did not get credited so I was a bit surprised

Originally Posted by atflyer
I guess so since a KL flight number. KL and AF codeshares always count, even if you fly with a non ST airline. Bit of a detour of course to go to PMI but....
XPs or death! Jokes aside, I got a pretty nice deal with this flight (even cheaper than direct flight with FR) and I thought it could be a good occasion so rack up some extra XPs
ElPaso90 is offline  
Old Jun 16, 2024, 12:15 pm
  #172  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,260
Originally Posted by ElPaso90
Thank you! That's what I thought too but I prefered to ask to be sure. Last week I flew FCO-AMS-RIX-AMS-FCO all flights on KL code but the return flight RIX-AMS (on air Baltic) did not get credited so I was a bit surprised.
If the return flight was booked under KL code and if it doesn't credit automatically, you can do a retroclaim.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2024, 5:30 am
  #173  
 
Join Date: Jun 2024
Posts: 1
I'm still a bit confused by the new rules. What happens if I'm on a codeshare flight ticket with a non-SkyTeam flight number, but the flight is actually operated by KLM/AF. Would I be eligible for XP for that flight?
Concretely I'm considering a flight operated by KLM but would get the ticket via China Southern (constraints by party paying for the ticket).

How I interpret it, the announcement seems to miss one of the possible combinations:
  • marketed by SkyTeam & operated by SkyTeam -> XP
  • marketed by non-SkyTeam & operated by non-SkyTeam -> no XP
  • marketed by SkyTeam & operated by non-SkyTeam -> XP
  • marketed by non-SkyTeam & operated by SkyTeam -> ???
jkober is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2024, 5:36 am
  #174  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: BRE
Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Posts: 552
Originally Posted by jkober
I'm still a bit confused by the new rules. What happens if I'm on a codeshare flight ticket with a non-SkyTeam flight number, but the flight is actually operated by KLM/AF. Would I be eligible for XP for that flight?
Concretely I'm considering a flight operated by KLM but would get the ticket via China Southern (constraints by party paying for the ticket).
If the flight has a CZ code, you won't get XP.

Originally Posted by jkober
marketed by SkyTeam & operated by SkyTeam -> XP
Correct.

Originally Posted by jkober
marketed by non-SkyTeam & operated by non-SkyTeam -> no XP
Correct.

Originally Posted by jkober
marketed by SkyTeam & operated by non-SkyTeam -> XP
Correct, but in this case you should check the Flying Blue page for that ST airline to make sure the operating carrier and booking classes are XP eligible.

Originally Posted by jkober
marketed by non-SkyTeam & operated by SkyTeam -> ???
No XP. If your ticket/BP has a non-ST airline then there's no XP for that.
jkober likes this.
sehgalanuj is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2024, 6:20 am
  #175  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HAG
Programs: Der 5* FTL
Posts: 8,529
Originally Posted by jkober
  • marketed by SkyTeam & operated by non-SkyTeam -> XP

Originally Posted by sehgalanuj
Correct, but in this case you should check the Flying Blue page for that ST airline to make sure the operating carrier and booking classes are XP eligible.
Only if marketed by AF/KL (and RO?). Then the classes don't matter as all classes are eligible.

Marketed by other ST partners have to be operated also by SkyTeam. Marketed by DL operated by WS or LA for example - no XP.
Fabo.sk is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2024, 6:58 am
  #176  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: FRA/SXB
Programs: FB Gold
Posts: 2,153
Originally Posted by jkober
I'm still a bit confused by the new rules. What happens if I'm on a codeshare flight ticket with a non-SkyTeam flight number, but the flight is actually operated by KLM/AF. Would I be eligible for XP for that flight?
Concretely I'm considering a flight operated by KLM but would get the ticket via China Southern (constraints by party paying for the ticket).

How I interpret it, the announcement seems to miss one of the possible combinations:
  • marketed by SkyTeam & operated by SkyTeam -> XP?
Be careful on the fare classes. Last year I flew a MF operated flight in Y (paid) and bought directly from MF, and after I submitted a retro-crdit request, the person from AF informed me it was not a fare that earned credit.
mlin32 is online now  
Old Jun 17, 2024, 6:58 am
  #177  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Posts: 29,047
Originally Posted by jkober
I'm still a bit confused by the new rules. What happens if I'm on a codeshare flight ticket with a non-SkyTeam flight number, but the flight is actually operated by KLM/AF. Would I be eligible for XP for that flight?
"non-SkyTeam flight number" is still too vague.

There are a limited number of non-SkyTeam members that earn, so you first have to restrict it to Skyteam Partner airlines

Concretely I'm considering a flight operated by KLM but would get the ticket via China Southern (constraints by party paying for the ticket).
Then you go to the China Southern page where all the information is presented.

https://www.flyingblue.com/en/earn/p...thern-airlines
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2024, 8:13 am
  #178  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: BRE
Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Posts: 552
Originally Posted by irishguy28
"non-SkyTeam flight number" is still too vague.

There are a limited number of non-SkyTeam members that earn, so you first have to restrict it to Skyteam Partner airlines


Since April 1st, XP can no longer be earned on non-SkyTeam members. Are there limited exceptions?
sehgalanuj is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2024, 8:23 am
  #179  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: RBA / TBS
Programs: AF Gold / A3 Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold / TP Silver
Posts: 2,810
Originally Posted by sehgalanuj

Since April 1st, XP can no longer be earned on non-SkyTeam members. Are there limited exceptions?
Yes , please check the FB website for airline partners , agreemements are made case by case , with various airlines and under specific conditions
fifty_two is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2024, 8:39 am
  #180  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: BRE
Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Posts: 552
Originally Posted by fifty_two
Yes , please check the FB website for airline partners , agreemements are made case by case , with various airlines and under specific conditions
Agreed, but that is why I suggested that the website be consulted. But even then, as of April 1st, 2024 the Flying Blue program no longer awards XPs for flying with any non-SkyTeam partners. All other partners that they have are earn/burn partners only.

Since you say, yes, what airlines are you aware of that are non-SkyTeam but award XP currently while having a non-AFKL code on the flight? Just for clarity, a G3 operated flight, but with a AF/KL code, is still an AF/KL flight for this purpose. That is not a G3 flight awarding XP.
sehgalanuj is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.