Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Also possible to earn XP on non-SkyTeam partner airlines (excl. Transavia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Also possible to earn XP on non-SkyTeam partner airlines (excl. Transavia)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue, IB, Miles and More, Delta
This is very nice to have some good partners earning XP outside the SkyTeam alliance now. It really adds value.

Do you know if Bangkok Airways gives any XP?
There is no mention of that on Flying Blue website. Other company pages got updated but not the Bangkok Airways one.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Anyone have any recent experience on a Copa airlines ticket? I am flying UIO to ASU via PTY and was wondering if the airlines grants us FB Elite Plus any special privileges?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
Will fly it next may GRU-PTY-LIM.
Do not expect any FB Elite avantage.
XP/Miles credit only with following booking classes.
  • Business Cabin––C, D, J, R: 150%
  • Economy Cabin––Y, B, M, H: 100%; K, V, U, Q, S, O, W: 75%; T, L, A, E: 25%
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:32 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
I've just booked a Business Promo (Z) ticket on MH before the midnight deadline for LHR-KUL-BKK rtn. According the FB MH webpage Z = 125%. My understanding from the webpage is that the Miles are based on the distance and bonuses: Miles = (Distance x Cabin Sub-Booking Class Bonus) + (Distance x Elite Status Bonus) = roundup(? x 1.25) + roundup(? x 1.0). Just telephoned the PSL and the agent could not tell me how many Miles will be given (i.e. does not know the distanes used) and kept repeating the usual 8 Miles/Euro rule for KL. I'm sure MH is not revenue based. Anyone had issues getting Miles from MH flights?
Old Jun 8, 2021, 2:22 am

Programs: FB Ultimate - BA EC - LH M&M - Accor All Gold
XP can now be earned on Transavia

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33311692-post21.html
Masterfrog, KL714 and SpinEcho like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think that this is very good news and an important step, especially given the current situation with French domestic flights. It seems both the French and Dutch Transavias are eligible for miles and XPs. I'm surprised that they didn't get around to doing this before, like Miles & More did with Eurowings.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 2:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue, IB, Miles and More, Delta
Originally Posted by SteveCanary
This is huge. So many popular routes were replaced with Transavia. For instance, ORY-BCN is mainly on Transavia those days. It didn't make any sense to exclude a company owned by AF-KLM from the loyalty program.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Hello, does anyone have any recent experience of gaining XP points on MH flights? I'm thinking of booking a few flights but want to be sure the scheme still works! Thanks.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Tim_94
Hello, does anyone have any recent experience of gaining XP points on MH flights? I'm thinking of booking a few flights but want to be sure the scheme still works! Thanks.
You can trust the relevant partner page on the FB website. If it says you earn XPs on MH, then you will earn XPs (so long as you travel in one of the classes noted as earning miles)
Old Jun 11, 2023, 11:56 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I've got a bunch of short Copa (CM coded) flights come up. Initially added my *A FF details to the booking by default, but I now realised that Copa is actually a FlyingBlue partner. Meaning that I can actually choose to credit to either *A or FB. Thinking to switch to FB as the XP's carry over for future re-qualification, while with *A that is not the case. I've already got enough *A flights booked to requalify.

The problem with attaching the FB details to that Copa booking..is that I'm afraid that they won't recognise FB status. Meaning no lounge access. Anybody have any experience with this specific scenario? Does Copa see FB status and allow lounge access based on that?

My alternative is to ask one of my travel mates to guest me in (I guess that should be possible since we'll be on the same flight and they have *A status), or, flash my *A Gold card at the lounge. Most probably they'd then want to update the booking with that *A FF number though, causing the miles to be credited there too.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: FBP
I have the same question for some MH flights I've got coming up, the flights show in the AF app. Any lounge benefit with it?
Old Jun 12, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Grimbokk
I have the same question for some MH flights I've got coming up, the flights show in the AF app. Any lounge benefit with it?
Try if you want and report back please. I did CGK-KUL with MH being FB plat, and had to check in at the counter. Did not get a lounge card or suggestion (usually when you check in at the counter they tell you about the lounge if you are eligible) and did not try to use the lounge finding some very comfy reclining seats near the gate.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 5:35 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by atflyer
Try if you want and report back please. I did CGK-KUL with MH being FB plat, and had to check in at the counter. Did not get a lounge card or suggestion (usually when you check in at the counter they tell you about the lounge if you are eligible) and did not try to use the lounge finding some very comfy reclining seats near the gate.
Tier benefits only apply on SkyTeam airlines, and select codeshare partners (like AFKL*QF)
atflyer likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 7:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I've got a bunch of short Copa (CM coded) flights come up. Initially added my *A FF details to the booking by default, but I now realised that Copa is actually a FlyingBlue partner. Meaning that I can actually choose to credit to either *A or FB. Thinking to switch to FB as the XP's carry over for future re-qualification, while with *A that is not the case. I've already got enough *A flights booked to requalify.

The problem with attaching the FB details to that Copa booking..is that I'm afraid that they won't recognise FB status. Meaning no lounge access. Anybody have any experience with this specific scenario? Does Copa see FB status and allow lounge access based on that?

My alternative is to ask one of my travel mates to guest me in (I guess that should be possible since we'll be on the same flight and they have *A status), or, flash my *A Gold card at the lounge. Most probably they'd then want to update the booking with that *A FF number though, causing the miles to be credited there too.
Why would they want to change your FF number? When I was switching between oneWorld programs in 2018 I had no problem entering lounges by flashing a (virtual) card (they then write down the number, but in the system to charge airlines for the access, not on my ticket details).
Old Sep 14, 2023, 4:17 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
As per insideflyer this benefit is going to stop at end of year, for all partners except Transavia. No more XP and no more elite-bonus award miles.

https://insideflyer.nl/flying-blue-s...aatschappijen/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.