Miles for AF marketed but non-FB-partner operated flight?

Old Jul 1, 19, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Question Miles for AF marketed but non-FB-partner operated flight?

Hello,
I recently flew on Georgian Airways (A9) marketed by AF on AF ticket between CDG and TBS. Can I expect to get any miles for this?
I'm less familiar with ST: Is there a general rule that applies for mileage earning either in favor of operating carrier (like *A) or marketing carrier (like OW)?
Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 1, 19, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
yes you'll earn FB miles based on the price of your ticket, as per usual FB rules since this is a AF-coded ticket. You'll earn XPs as well. If you are a member of another ST program (not FB), you won't earn any miles.
MSPeconomist and 747jetter like this.
Old Jul 1, 19, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Thanks for the quick and precise answer!

Seems to take a little longer than my connecting flight out of CDG (AF marketed and operated), which already posted.
Old Jul 1, 19, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by yogimh49 View Post

Seems to take a little longer than my connecting flight out of CDG (AF marketed and operated), which already posted.
Make sure you keep BPs and ticket information, in case you need to retroclaim
Old Jul 2, 19, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by yogimh49 View Post

That's pretty normal, AF/KL operated flights can post immediately after the flight, other ST/codeshare partners take a bit longer, if it doesn't post within a week you could retroclaim.
Old Jul 2, 19, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat
On a related note, since this month it is possible to earn XP on certain non-SkyTeam Flying Blue partners without a AF/KL flightnumber. This includes Air Mauritius, GOL and Malaysia Airlines. Article (in Dutch): https://insideflyer.nl/verdien-flyin...uiten-skyteam/

Search this Thread