Air Europa - O Class

Old Jun 20, 19, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN
Air Europa - O Class

looking at flying Air Europa in business, the fare class will be O.

On the flying blue website it doesn’t mention O class. It seems strange that this wouldn’t earn any miles.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
Old Jun 20, 19, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
O class on UX will earn no miles or XP.

The only programme that will give credit for an O class booking is SUMA.

It is no longer unusual for deep discount business class tickets to earn no miles in certain FFPs.

https://insideflyer.nl/forums/thread...r-europa.2753/
http://www.wheretocredit.com/ux/o
Old Jun 20, 19, 3:11 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes, I have experience with it. It nearly monkeyed me a year ago because I only spotted that O was in ineligible class after I made the booking. I managed to change it at quite some cost.
Old Jun 20, 19, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Yes, I have experience with it. It nearly monkeyed me a year ago because I only spotted that O was in ineligible class after I made the booking. I managed to change it at quite some cost.
eugh
Old Jun 20, 19, 4:09 pm

But I did that because I knew it was going to seriously jeopardize my plans for running for Gold before the XP system came into the place. I am glad I did it, definitely worth the effort and cost. A lot of these partners have dodgy classes which don't earn anything. CSA Czech Airlines is a particular culprit.
Old Jun 20, 19, 6:39 pm

Programs: UX Gold - SkyTeam Elite Plus, Priority Pass
But I did that because I knew it was going to seriously jeopardize my plans for running for Gold before the XP system came into the place. I am glad I did it, definitely worth the effort and cost. A lot of these partners have dodgy classes which don't earn anything. CSA Czech Airlines is a particular culprit.
To me OK is the worst in Europe regarding the number of tickets sold in their numerous non qualifying booking classes that you can expect than below 250€ R/T, you will get nothing. I think thos mostly concern OK EU routes.
PRG-KBP: there will be less tickets in non qualifying classes, and it is easier to find on in Q.

over ST: VN, GA are also even worse airlines in terms of number on non qualifying Booking classes
Old Jun 21, 19, 1:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Lewis42 View Post
looking at flying Air Europa in business, the fare class will be O.

On the flying blue website it doesn’t mention O class. It seems strange that this wouldn’t earn any miles.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
I do confirm it won't yield any XP nor Miles, I had the very unpleasant opportunity to experience it quite recently. They advertise miles earned on their SUMA account when you book, but I found out that indeed the O class doesn't yield anything for Flying Blue.

Here what FB website says:
Earning Miles and gaining XP isn’t possible for:
  • Tickets with a booking class not mentioned in the scheme below
  • Reward tickets (tickets booked using Miles)
No earning or spending is possible on these flights:
  • UX200 – UX999 (Charter flights)
  • UX2600 – UX2899
  • UX3000 – UX3999
  • UX7600 – UX7699
Air Europa earning scheme

CABIN AND BOOKING CLASS EARNING %:
  • First Class––N/A
  • Business Class––J, C, D, I: 100% [and as O is not mention, well O=0% AND 0 XP]
  • Economy Class––Y, B, M: 100%; L, E: 50%; K, V, H, S, R, U, T, Q: 25%; P, A, N, Z, W, G, F: 15%
Old Jun 21, 19, 2:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Iberia Silver
Depending on the amount of miles at stake, it could sometimes be a good idea for savvy frequent flyers to credit miles to SUMA. Being based in Spain, I have an SUMA credit card which gives a generous amount of miles to the euro spent.
Keep in mind SUMA has a distance-based redemption scheme which comes in very handy on certain routes that cross geographical zones. E.g. I flew Perth to Bali with Garuda for 15,000 miles with SUMA. The same route would have cost 46,000 miles on FB.
offvoice likes this.
Old Jun 26, 19, 3:00 pm

Interesting. I was very much on the verge of giving up on SUMA as there seemed to be so few benefits compared to Flying Blue, and for intra European business class flights you actually get very few miles. Also, there don't seem to be many special offers or ways of boosting your mileage account.
Old Jun 27, 19, 12:40 pm

Here are offers!

Old Jun 27, 19, 12:45 pm

Air Europa Hotels

Also, via Hotels.com you can now get 10 miles per euro spent until end of July. So, miles could quickly add up.
Old Jun 27, 19, 2:08 pm

Programs: UX Gold - SkyTeam Elite Plus, Priority Pass
Interesting. I was very much on the verge of giving up on SUMA as there seemed to be so few benefits compared to Flying Blue, and for intra European business class flights you actually get very few miles. Also, there don't seem to be many special offers or ways of boosting your mileage account.
Being UX Gold and Flying almost exclusively AF or OK medium haul, I noticed that I need more and more to claim my unlisted Segments to UX, one week after the flights took place.
On the other side, the correction is done within a day.

No particular advantages on AF flights: regular SP perks, lounges (sometimes I have to explain what is UX in ST, CDG 2D almost refused me access to their « Sheltair lounge » that looks more like a waiting room). Seat in front behind J, on Medium-Hauls.
Old Jun 27, 19, 3:13 pm

I was wondering what the customer service was like. Knowing Spain, it might be a bit Kafka-esque, if Iberia is anything to go by.

I like the look of those offers above. They don't send me such things, so where do you find them? In August I will need to do a one way MAD-DUS, so it's a shame these are only good for July! Another time, hopefully.
Old Jun 27, 19, 4:14 pm

These offers came my way by e-mail. The miles discounts come as part of the monthly account statement they send. And the Hotels offer also came by e-mail.

Customer service is an improvement on what it used to be. Previously within Spain you had to call a '902' premium rate number to reach the baggage department. They didn't want to hear from customers. Now you can call the regular line.

Over the past year I have seen the airline become more customer-focused. Loyalty is recognized. The SUMA department is good (in Spanish at least). Better than Iberia Plus for sure. Quick to answer and very patient at looking up different miles options. Which is good because they only offer Air Europa flights in the award booking platform.
With partners the range is more limited than Flying Blue. From what I have seen, we can only book flights operated by one of the 19 Skyteam airlines. I tend to check availability first on FB and then call SUMA to book. You can figure out how many miles it will cost by looking at their distance chart.
Old Jun 28, 19, 3:09 pm

Interesting answer, thanks. Might be worth sticking with them then. But an award with anything other than UX requires a phone call?

Search this Thread