FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   FB and Accor 'Miles+Points' (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1974558-fb-accor-miles-points.html)

Xandrios Jun 18, 19 10:57 am

FB and Accor 'Miles+Points'

FB and Accor have teamed up to allow double-dipping: Earn Accor points with your AFKL flights (in addition to the FB miles), and earn FB miles with your hotel booking (In addition to the Accor points).

https://www.flyingblue.nl/en/partner...s/presentation

They also have a welcome offer, where after sign-up You'll get 5 Flying Blue XPs with your first Accor night...and 5 extra XP's with your first AFKL flight.

When I try to sign up through FB it throws a 'A technical error has occurred' (of course ;)). Anybody managed to sign up yet?

NickB Jun 18, 19 11:53 am

Haven' tried yet but that sounds like good news.

Xandrios Jun 18, 19 12:28 pm

I managed to register through Accor here.

Accor points earning when flying AFKL (Per 10 euro spent?):
http://upload.xandrios.net/156087888...2019.25.59.png

Flying Blue miles while staying at Accor (per 10 euro spent?):
http://upload.xandrios.net/156087881...2019.25.54.png

On the FlyingBlue website it now allows me to freely convert miles into Accor points. I'd assume that from the Accor page we would at some point also be able to convert points into miles.

2,000 Rewards points = 1,000 Flying Blue miles
4,000 Flying Blue miles = 1,000 Rewards points.

If Flying Blue is your main programme, this means that (when Explorer member):

Example: 100 euro base fare for your flight
* Normal FB earning: 400 FB miles
* Additional Accor earning: 50 Accor points
* Converting those accor points back to FB miles: 25 FB miles

So basically that means an increase in Award miles from 400 to 425. About 6% extra miles.

NickB Jun 18, 19 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 31215342)
I'd assume that from the Accor page we would at some point also be able to convert points into miles.

Yes, but the rate of exchange, as is usual with frequent stayer to frequent flyer and vice versa, is rather poor: 2K accor points converts to 1K FB miles, which is equivalent to selling you Flying miles at 4 euro-cent a mile (2K accor points is worth €40 at Accor hotels).
If you were to convert 2000 accor points into FB miles and then back to accor points, you would end up with 250 accor points, so losing 87.5% of their value. :)

Unless you never stay at Accor properties, it makes more sense to use accor points for hotel stays. And the same mutatis mutandis for flying blue miles and flights (although less spectacularly so).

NickB Jun 18, 19 12:54 pm

So basically that means an increase in Award miles from 400 to 425. About 6% extra miles.

For the reason I indicated in my previous post, I would not look at it this way. In effect, what you are getting is an additional 1% of your flight spend in Accor money. Not a game changer but better than a kick in the groin.

Yes, I think that it has to be per 10 euro spent rather than per euro spent as otherwise the sums do not really make sense.I can't see Accor giving you 10% of your flight spend back. :)

Xandrios Jun 18, 19 2:30 pm

Apologies, as you probably noticed I was still discovering about the program and editing my post on-the-fly. You are of course right.. keeping the points in their 'native' currency will always yield the highest value.

However that does require for you to be into Accor. Personally I do stay with them a few times per year at the lower end properties (Ibis, Novotel) but can't say that I have been very impressed for their price. The Sofitel hotels I've tried were good..but generally a bit out of budget.

So if you don't use them often enough to earn points for anything meaningful, you may as well convert the points into FB miles. But I agree that if you have a chance to reach an amount that allows for a hotel night redemption - that is probably the better value.

Goldorak Jun 18, 19 2:39 pm

Accor points earning when flying AFKL (Per 10 euro spent?):
http://upload.xandrios.net/156087888...2019.25.59.png

Flying Blue miles while staying at Accor (per 10 euro spent?):
http://upload.xandrios.net/156087881...2019.25.54.png

That's great and thank you for providing the link :) I registered successfully !!
But the parts I have highlighted in red in your post remain unclear. There is no such information in the T&C. A very important missing information.
Let's report here the 1st experiences :)

Goldorak Jun 18, 19 2:47 pm

I have linked this thread in the Accor forum :)

Goldorak Jun 18, 19 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 31215851)
That's great and thank you for providing the link :) I registered successfully !!
But the parts I have highlighted in red in your post remain unclear. There is no such information in the T&C. A very important missing information.

It seems indeed per 10 EUR spent, as FB site says :
  • À bord, vous gagnez des points Le Club AccorHotels Rewards en plus de vos Miles Flying Blue sans avoir à mettre les pieds à l'hôtel ! (2 euros dépensés pour un vol ou des options payantes = 1 point Rewards).
  • Lorsque vous séjournez dans un hôtel Le Club AccorHotels, vous gagnez des Miles Flying Blue en plus de vos points Rewards (1 euro dépensé dans un hôtel Le Club AccorHotels = jusqu'à 1 Mile Flying Blue).

Xandrios Jun 18, 19 3:13 pm

That's exactly the information that I used to 'determine' how to interpret the table. Its not guaranteed of course, but all signs point to the table being the earnings per 10 euro spent. Which is a weird value, and even stranger to not mention it in the T&Cs, but its the only value that makes sense with the advertised earning rates.

I'm very curious how this will work in practice. Especially if a flight or hotel stay doesn't post automatically and retro claim is needed..would you need to do that twice? Would they be synchronised somehow?

Goldorak Jun 18, 19 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 31215968)
I'm very curious how this will work in practice. Especially if a flight or hotel stay doesn't post automatically and retro claim is needed..would you need to do that twice? Would they be synchronised somehow?

Very good question.

mlin32 Jun 18, 19 4:33 pm

Couldn't get it to work either :(

Somnifer Jun 18, 19 11:00 pm

Successfully linked! Thanks for this. I am kind of excited to see how it will work in practice.

carnarvon Jun 19, 19 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Somnifer (Post 31217195)
Successfully linked! Thanks for this. I am kind of excited to see how it will work in practice.

Same here. thank you Andrios for the info.

To everybody : don't forget that booking Accor hotels through shopformiles gets you FB miles on top of LCAH points.

Reload Jun 19, 19 3:45 am

Good spot OP, never noticed this one. Always up for getting a few extra miles (don't really use Accor hotels), even if the exchange rate is a bit crappy it's all extra miles in the bank (plus a couple of XP is always good for morale too).

abraga Jun 19, 19 4:01 am

Successfully linked! Thanks for this. I have an AF flight to night will see how this works.

AccorHotels Concierge Jun 19, 19 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 31215851)

Dear members,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedbacks and for your alert.

Indeed, you are right and understood well the scale announced : 1 € = 1 Mile. In Miles+Points condition of use, the scale is displayed on the basis of 10 € of eligible expenses.
Also, you have noticed that the Miles earning scheme works in a similar way to the one applied for your stays.

The number of Miles awarded varies according to the brand of the participating Accor hotel in which you stayed.
Thus, whatever your status, you earn for 10 € of eligible expenses:
* 10 Flying Blue Miles for stays in participating AccorHotels brands, except Adagio, Adagio Access, ibis, ibis Styles and Mama Shelter
* 5 Flying Blue Miles accumulated for stays at ibis, ibis Styles and Mama Shelter
* 4 Flying Blue Miles accumulated for stays at Adagio
* 2 Flying Blue Miles accumulated for stays at Adagio Access
The terms and conditions will be updated soon.

We are very grateful for your enthusiastic support.

Best regards,
Amy

NickB Jun 19, 19 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 31215830)
However that does require for you to be into Accor. Personally I do stay with them a few times per year at the lower end properties (Ibis, Novotel) but can't say that I have been very impressed for their price. The Sofitel hotels I've tried were good..but generally a bit out of budget.

Novotel and Ibis tend to be middle to lower range properties (broadly equivalent to Doubletree to Hampton Inn in Hilton, lower end Crowne Plazas/Midrange Holiday Inns to Holiday Inn Express with IHG, etc...) and, IME, are generally priced in line with that. Their quality varies considerably depending on region: usually more at the spartan/functional end of the range in France, often a smidgeon better elsewhere in Europe, noticeably better in Asia. But, yes, these are not what could be called "aspirational" properties.

Even if you stay rather rarely in them, it should still work. For every €10000 that you spend on AFKL flights, you will get €100 to spend at Accor properties. I would have thought that would fit very occasional Accor stayers like you reasonably well (unless your employer always pays for your Accor stays, in which case this would indeed not be of much use).

fifty_two Jun 19, 19 10:28 am

Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge (Post 31218020)
Dear members,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedbacks and for your alert.

Hi

what about adagio city ? also known as adagio aparthotel ?

Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge (Post 31218020)
The terms and conditions will be updated soon.

so its not like previously when a flight was required to be able to book such similar offer ??

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 31218586)
Novotel and Ibis tend to be middle to lower range properties .... their quality varies considerably depending on region: usually more at the spartan/functional end of the range in France, often a smidgeon better elsewhere in Europe,

in such case you are lucky , because from my experiences it was the opposite

schlegfr Jun 19, 19 10:51 am

Thanks a lot for the info and the link, Xandrios. ^

mlin32 Jun 19, 19 12:39 pm

Boo, I'm still getting a technical error......:(

Xandrios Jun 19, 19 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 31218586)
Novotel and Ibis tend to be middle to lower range properties (broadly equivalent to Doubletree to Hampton Inn in Hilton, lower end Crowne Plazas/Midrange Holiday Inns to Holiday Inn Express with IHG, etc...) and, IME, are generally priced in line with that. Their quality varies considerably depending on region: usually more at the spartan/functional end of the range in France, often a smidgeon better elsewhere in Europe, noticeably better in Asia. But, yes, these are not what could be called "aspirational" properties.

Even if you stay rather rarely in them, it should still work. For every €10000 that you spend on AFKL flights, you will get €100 to spend at Accor properties. I would have thought that would fit very occasional Accor stayers like you reasonably well (unless your employer always pays for your Accor stays, in which case this would indeed not be of much use).

Thanks. Now that we are talking about it I remember that last summer we stayed at the Ibis in Vienna Hauptbahnhof..and that was basic but absolutely fine. Good even. Great deal as well at ~60 euro a night.

However in the UK we stayed for example at the Ibis Reading and that was a bit underwhelming. Not bad, but for ~150 euro a night I'd hoped for something more along the lines of the 'new design' that we found in Vienna. Besides the lobby, the hotel felt a bit outdated and dusty.

On the other side of the spectrum; Over new years we stayed a few nights at the Sofitel in Luxembourg city and that was great...at a similar price to the Ibis in Reading.

Most of my travel is personal, i.e. not paid for by my employer. So I'm grateful for every promotion that helps the goal of earning more points/miles ;) I've just booked an Ibis property in Budapest for a weekend trip this summer, curious to see how that will work out - both regarding the quality of the hotel (it was dirt cheap) and this promotion.

Generally I was always trying to stay at IHG properties if possible. I particularly like the Indigo brand which I think is a good tradeoff between atmosphere, comfort and price. But Indigo is sometimes a bit more expensive than Ibis, DoubleTree and Hampton indeed. A better comparison would probably indeed be the Holiday Inn...and their quality can vary immensely as well. Some are great and others look like a hurricane had just gone through ;)

Lately the earning opportunities with IHG have gone down quite a lot now that Accelerate is a thing of the past. Previously a few stays would earn 50K points if timed properly. Now that thats over I may have to (want to?) look at alternatives like Accor indeed.

nosedive Jun 19, 19 4:03 pm

Cool, done. You get two status nights and a few XP after your first flight/stay as well.

abraga Jun 20, 19 3:49 am

Originally Posted by abraga (Post 31217654)
Successfully linked! Thanks for this. I have an AF flight to night will see how this works.

So I had my flight yesterday evening, today I hive the regular XP and miles in my flying blue account, but no extra 5 XP. Also in my accor account no miles yet.

Xandrios Jun 20, 19 2:03 pm

That's interesting. That either means that things haven't been set up correctly yet by AFKL/Accor, or, the crediting process is not synchronous.

I do believe that their T&Cs allow for a bit of time for the points to post. Let us know if they do magically appear, or if after a few weeks or so still nothing has happened. Youre probably the first one to try :)

stimpy Jun 20, 19 2:28 pm

It sounds like a good enough deal. Not as great as the good old days of promos like UA and Hilton where the earnings were substantially better. But still better than nothing.

However I'll have to wait til their web designers get their act together. Logging into flyingblue.fr there is no mention of this deal. Accorhotels.com has it clearly mentioned, but the registration doesn't work. Possibly because I block trackers and they feel the need to use trackers.

Goldorak Jun 20, 19 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 31223217)
However I'll have to wait til their web designers get their act together. Logging into flyingblue.fr there is no mention of this deal. Accorhotels.com has it clearly mentioned, but the registration doesn't work. Possibly because I block trackers and they feel the need to use trackers.

Hi Stimpy
this is present on FB website
https://www.flyingblue.com/fr/partne...s/presentation

smf_ltn Jun 20, 19 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by abraga (Post 31221464)
So I had my flight yesterday evening, today I hive the regular XP and miles in my flying blue account, but no extra 5 XP. Also in my accor account no miles yet.

I just linked successfully. The Subscription Confirmed paged notes at the bottom that "Your Rewards points and Flying Blue miles will be credited to your account within 10 days of the end your stay or flight."

Xandrios Jun 21, 19 1:30 am

Originally Posted by abraga (Post 31221464)

The press release just came out. Seems that the promo started on June 20th. You may have been one day too early :(

saraoutou Jun 21, 19 2:56 am

Though I got a "error" while doing the inscription :-(

My yesterday's flight (20th of june) awarded me 5 extra XP "Miles+Points first flight bonus"

skiesrider Jun 21, 19 3:27 am

Originally Posted by mlin32 (Post 31219139)
Boo, I'm still getting a technical error......:(

Are your first / last names matching exactly on both programmes? I have more than 1 "last name" and was also getting an error message. I wrote to accor and asked them to amend it so that it matches my name on the flying blue account - they were pretty quick and once fixed I could link my accounts with no further problems...

vinzbg Jun 21, 19 10:17 am

Does anyone knows whether flights booked under codeshare numbers are crediting? For example KLM operated flight under DL flight number, FB account linked in the reservation on 006 Delta ticket number?

vinzbg Jun 21, 19 10:20 am

Edit: went through the T&C and it states that the flight has to be marketed by AF or KL. So codeshares on AF KL metals are excluded.

Goldorak Jun 21, 19 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by vinzbg (Post 31225769)
Edit: went through the T&C and it states that the flight has to be marketed by AF or KL. So codeshares on AF KL metals are excluded.

Yes. T&C are very clear. AF/KL-marketing AND operating.

Squerez Jun 27, 19 3:28 am

Just applied. I have a business trip late July with KLM and Accor as hotel. I will see how it works! It is a nice way to combine them in a package.

r0gerthat Jun 27, 19 8:55 am

I had already several stays planned in ibis/novotel and flying there with KL. First one is next week! I've signed up couple days ago. Will keep you posted on progress :)

bodory Jun 27, 19 9:42 pm

Here is the Accor statement after a recent stay:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...fc037e471d.jpg

and nothing on the FB statement.

Not sure to understand something there.

SteveCanary Jun 28, 19 3:03 am

Originally Posted by bodory (Post 31247477)
Here is the Accor statement after a recent stay:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...fc037e471d.jpg

and nothing on the FB statement.

Not sure to understand something there.

Same for me after 2 AF flights and 2 Accor nigths, nothing in FB. Only the same statement than above on my Accor account.

NickB Jun 28, 19 3:37 am

Credit from partners, especially non-flying partners, can take time before being credited. I would not expect a credit from Accor to make its way quasi-instantly onto my FB account. Give it a few weeks and see, I would say.

rangerss75 Jun 28, 19 8:16 am

Same here

Originally Posted by SteveCanary (Post 31248047)
Same for me after 2 AF flights and 2 Accor nights, nothing in FB. Only the same statement than above on my Accor account.

Same as SteveCanary and Bodory

Have had three Accor hotel stays and 2 AF flights since 23rd June. The first two Accor stays and both flights have posted in the regular way. '0 points and 1 night' (ie the first bonus) posted on Accor site a day after the first Accor stay, but no points on Accor for either of my AF flights and nothing at all in Flying Blue (neither the welcome bonus nor any miles from the three hotel stays).