FB and Accor 'Miles+Points'

Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: FB:Platinum, Le Club Accor Hotels:Gold
Successfully linked! Thanks for this. I have an AF flight to night will see how this works.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:21 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Originally Posted by Goldorak
That's great and thank you for providing the link I registered successfully !!
But the parts I have highlighted in red in your post remain unclear. There is no such information in the T&C. A very important missing information.
Let's report here the 1st experiences
Dear members,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedbacks and for your alert.

Indeed, you are right and understood well the scale announced : 1 = 1 Mile. In Miles+Points condition of use, the scale is displayed on the basis of 10 of eligible expenses.
Also, you have noticed that the Miles earning scheme works in a similar way to the one applied for your stays.

The number of Miles awarded varies according to the brand of the participating Accor hotel in which you stayed.
Thus, whatever your status, you earn for 10 of eligible expenses:
* 10 Flying Blue Miles for stays in participating AccorHotels brands, except Adagio, Adagio Access, ibis, ibis Styles and Mama Shelter
* 5 Flying Blue Miles accumulated for stays at ibis, ibis Styles and Mama Shelter
* 4 Flying Blue Miles accumulated for stays at Adagio
* 2 Flying Blue Miles accumulated for stays at Adagio Access
The terms and conditions will be updated soon.

We are very grateful for your enthusiastic support.

Best regards,
Amy
Goldorak and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios
However that does require for you to be into Accor. Personally I do stay with them a few times per year at the lower end properties (Ibis, Novotel) but can't say that I have been very impressed for their price. The Sofitel hotels I've tried were good..but generally a bit out of budget.
Novotel and Ibis tend to be middle to lower range properties (broadly equivalent to Doubletree to Hampton Inn in Hilton, lower end Crowne Plazas/Midrange Holiday Inns to Holiday Inn Express with IHG, etc...) and, IME, are generally priced in line with that. Their quality varies considerably depending on region: usually more at the spartan/functional end of the range in France, often a smidgeon better elsewhere in Europe, noticeably better in Asia. But, yes, these are not what could be called "aspirational" properties.

Even if you stay rather rarely in them, it should still work. For every €10000 that you spend on AFKL flights, you will get €100 to spend at Accor properties. I would have thought that would fit very occasional Accor stayers like you reasonably well (unless your employer always pays for your Accor stays, in which case this would indeed not be of much use).
Xandrios and fifty_two like this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:28 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear members,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedbacks and for your alert.
Hi

what about adagio city ? also known as adagio aparthotel ?

Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
The terms and conditions will be updated soon.
so its not like previously when a flight was required to be able to book such similar offer ??

Originally Posted by NickB
Novotel and Ibis tend to be middle to lower range properties .... their quality varies considerably depending on region: usually more at the spartan/functional end of the range in France, often a smidgeon better elsewhere in Europe,
in such case you are lucky , because from my experiences it was the opposite

Last edited by fifty_two; Jun 19, 2019 at 9:44 am
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I managed to register through Accor here.
Thanks a lot for the info and the link, Xandrios. ^
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: FB Gold
Boo, I'm still getting a technical error......
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:54 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
Novotel and Ibis tend to be middle to lower range properties (broadly equivalent to Doubletree to Hampton Inn in Hilton, lower end Crowne Plazas/Midrange Holiday Inns to Holiday Inn Express with IHG, etc...) and, IME, are generally priced in line with that. Their quality varies considerably depending on region: usually more at the spartan/functional end of the range in France, often a smidgeon better elsewhere in Europe, noticeably better in Asia. But, yes, these are not what could be called "aspirational" properties.

Even if you stay rather rarely in them, it should still work. For every €10000 that you spend on AFKL flights, you will get €100 to spend at Accor properties. I would have thought that would fit very occasional Accor stayers like you reasonably well (unless your employer always pays for your Accor stays, in which case this would indeed not be of much use).
Thanks. Now that we are talking about it I remember that last summer we stayed at the Ibis in Vienna Hauptbahnhof..and that was basic but absolutely fine. Good even. Great deal as well at ~60 euro a night.

However in the UK we stayed for example at the Ibis Reading and that was a bit underwhelming. Not bad, but for ~150 euro a night I'd hoped for something more along the lines of the 'new design' that we found in Vienna. Besides the lobby, the hotel felt a bit outdated and dusty.

On the other side of the spectrum; Over new years we stayed a few nights at the Sofitel in Luxembourg city and that was great...at a similar price to the Ibis in Reading.

Most of my travel is personal, i.e. not paid for by my employer. So I'm grateful for every promotion that helps the goal of earning more points/miles I've just booked an Ibis property in Budapest for a weekend trip this summer, curious to see how that will work out - both regarding the quality of the hotel (it was dirt cheap) and this promotion.

Generally I was always trying to stay at IHG properties if possible. I particularly like the Indigo brand which I think is a good tradeoff between atmosphere, comfort and price. But Indigo is sometimes a bit more expensive than Ibis, DoubleTree and Hampton indeed. A better comparison would probably indeed be the Holiday Inn...and their quality can vary immensely as well. Some are great and others look like a hurricane had just gone through

Lately the earning opportunities with IHG have gone down quite a lot now that Accelerate is a thing of the past. Previously a few stays would earn 50K points if timed properly. Now that thats over I may have to (want to?) look at alternatives like Accor indeed.

Last edited by Xandrios; Jun 19, 2019 at 12:14 pm
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:03 pm

Cool, done. You get two status nights and a few XP after your first flight/stay as well.
Markie likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: FB:Platinum, Le Club Accor Hotels:Gold
Originally Posted by abraga
Successfully linked! Thanks for this. I have an AF flight to night will see how this works.
So I had my flight yesterday evening, today I hive the regular XP and miles in my flying blue account, but no extra 5 XP. Also in my accor account no miles yet.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

That's interesting. That either means that things haven't been set up correctly yet by AFKL/Accor, or, the crediting process is not synchronous.

I do believe that their T&Cs allow for a bit of time for the points to post. Let us know if they do magically appear, or if after a few weeks or so still nothing has happened. Youre probably the first one to try
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It sounds like a good enough deal. Not as great as the good old days of promos like UA and Hilton where the earnings were substantially better. But still better than nothing.

However I'll have to wait til their web designers get their act together. Logging into flyingblue.fr there is no mention of this deal. Accorhotels.com has it clearly mentioned, but the registration doesn't work. Possibly because I block trackers and they feel the need to use trackers.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
However I'll have to wait til their web designers get their act together. Logging into flyingblue.fr there is no mention of this deal. Accorhotels.com has it clearly mentioned, but the registration doesn't work. Possibly because I block trackers and they feel the need to use trackers.
Hi Stimpy
this is present on FB website
https://www.flyingblue.com/fr/partne...s/presentation
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver; BW Diamond Select, Hilton Diamond
So I had my flight yesterday evening, today I hive the regular XP and miles in my flying blue account, but no extra 5 XP. Also in my accor account no miles yet.
I just linked successfully. The Subscription Confirmed paged notes at the bottom that "Your Rewards points and Flying Blue miles will be credited to your account within 10 days of the end your stay or flight."
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:30 am
Original Poster

The press release just came out. Seems that the promo started on June 20th. You may have been one day too early
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Though I got a "error" while doing the inscription :-(

My yesterday's flight (20th of june) awarded me 5 extra XP "Miles+Points first flight bonus"
Goldorak and Xandrios like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.