FB and Accor 'Miles+Points'

Old Aug 1, 19, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by schlegfr View Post
Made a round-trip TLS-BUD on AF between July 1st and 3rd:
  • On FB front, I received the 10 XP + the relevant miles matching my spent at the ACCOR hotel 5 days after my return.
  • On LCAH front, I got my first status night just after my trip, and I received the second one + some LCAH points yesterday, i.e. roughly ten days later (which is not an issue at all, but just a data point on this new offer) :
<image removed for readibility>

However, if I refer to the "1 LCAH point for 2€ spent on AF-KL-A5" rule, I should have been granted approx. 420 LCAH points (380 if taxes are excluded) instead of the 79+68.

I will follow up on this with Accor if nothing else happens in the coming days, and report back.

Fred
Claimed missing reward points on LCAH website on Tuesday. Checked my account today and the missing points had been added.

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
Can someone confirm what is the AFKL fare considered for LCAH points earning : is that the base fare (before tax) + YQ as for FB miles earning or is that the total fare tax included ?
Thanks
indeed, the extras you buy on AFKL count also for the Accor credits.
Base fare + options included indeed.

Spent 540€ for base fare + 237€ on options and received 392 LCAH reward points (540 + 237)/2 = 388,5 - Guess the slight deviation comes from rounding operations. Won't scratch my head too much about it

Fred
Goldorak likes this.
Old Aug 2, 19, 6:22 am

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
Originally Posted by vinnyc View Post
Glad to see more and more FTers eventually get their XPs and status night starting to get credited.

On my side, I will have a hotel night this Thursday evening, so will keep you updated about my 5XP and status night.

At the end of the month, I will have my round trip JFK-CDG vis AMS. They are AF-marketed/coded but KL-operated, so it's good under the T&Cs, but I am expecting some issues on the systems failing to recognize it is a AF/KL marketed/operated. The fact that the KLM app anticipates the 5XPs and shows it in the app gives me hope though.

Will keep you up-to-date!
Cheers,
-vinnyc

Happy to report that the additional 5XP from flying were credited to me yesterday upon the credit of my very first flight (JFK-AMS) of my JFK-AMS-CDG return trip.

On LCAH, I have received 535 points for that flight. Considering that I received 8,552 miles and being Plat, the base fare + surcharge was 1,069€, so I think the earning ratio is on the same base for LCAH.

I have now received 10XP (5XP hotel stay + 5XP flight) and both were credited surprising fast for me (like the day after)!

Cheers,
-vinnyc
Goldorak, Xandrios and Lawrious like this.
Old Aug 6, 19, 3:14 am

Programs: FB Platinum
I got my Points+Miles XP on a flight booked before linking the accounts. XP statement updated very quick. I stayed with Accor 1st-3rd August, Accor account updated but no additional XP in my FB account. How long does this process take?
Old Aug 6, 19, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
For me it took about a week in total, though only a day after the points showed up in my Accor account.
Old Aug 6, 19, 4:15 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Interesting that the AF site now displays XP's even though I am LTP. It used to not show.
though does it show XP or UXP? Even LTPE can become Ulti.
Old Aug 6, 19, 8:07 am

Programs: FB Platinum; IHG Spire Ambassador
I am Platinum and it shows both XP and UXP.
Old Aug 6, 19, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
though does it show XP or UXP? Even LTPE can become Ulti.
XP and UXP (I am LTP)
Old Aug 6, 19, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by KLBGO View Post
I got my Points+Miles XP on a flight booked before linking the accounts. XP statement updated very quick.
There is no condition to have booked a flight/a stay after having linked the accounts. Flights/stays booked before are eligible.
Old Aug 6, 19, 8:59 am

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
There is no condition to have booked a flight/a stay after having linked the accounts. Flights/stays booked before are eligible.
do you know how many days/weeks before ?
Old Aug 6, 19, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
do you know how many days/weeks before ?
AFAIK, there is no restriction. It means that all flights/stays post account linking are eligible regardless of the booking date.
Old Aug 6, 19, 11:04 am

Programs: QF gold, KL gold, MA gold :( SK gold
My Accor stay, booked months before account linking posted (+5XP and miles) 3 days after check out from the hotel.
Old Aug 6, 19, 5:06 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have a stay at the ibis in central Milan, near the main station, coming up in a couple of days. I will let you know what happens. But I don't find where you see the predicted number of XPs that you are going to get, including the extra 5 XP. I've been wasting my time clicking around (and it really is wasting time clicking around in circles, something I truly hate) the Air France Flying Blue app. Otherwise, I find some things about the app really surprisingly nifty: even my Alitalia and Aeroflot itineraries are displayed now!
Old Aug 6, 19, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
I have a stay at the ibis in central Milan, near the main station, coming up in a couple of days. I will let you know what happens. But I don't find where you see the predicted number of XPs that you are going to get, including the extra 5 XP. I've been wasting my time clicking around (and it really is wasting time clicking around in circles, something I truly hate) the Air France Flying Blue app. Otherwise, I find some things about the app really surprisingly nifty: even my Alitalia and Aeroflot itineraries are displayed now!
I am a bit confused by your question regarding the XP. You seem to confuse miles and XPs.
On top of the regular XPs you earn with any eligible flight (according to the now well- known FB earning table), you earn 5 bonus extra XP with your 1st AFKL flight* flown after you linked your Accor and FB accounts and you will earn 5 bonus extra XP with your 1st Accor stay after you linked your Accor and FB accounts. Once you earned those one-off 5+5 extra XP, that’s it for the extra XP (you will continue to earn the usual XP with each flight). What you will earn for each Accor stay is a certain number of FB miles based on the price paid at the hotel (see the earning rate at the beginning of the thread).

*AFKL flight means, for the context of the Accor/FB partnership, an AFKL-marketed and operated flight.
Old Aug 6, 19, 6:01 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes, I wasn't at all clear and your post couldn't be clearer. What I meant was, there have been some posters above who have reported that they had booked flights and their bookings have shown that they will (for example) get 15XPs instead of the normal 10. I don't know where it has been shown or where in my account I can see the predicted number of XPs you are going to earn. But it's really not a problem, just wondered how and where I can see that info (I use mostly the Air France app).
Old Aug 6, 19, 6:56 pm

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Yes, I wasn't at all clear and your post couldn't be clearer. What I meant was, there have been some posters above who have reported that they had booked flights and their bookings have shown that they will (for example) get 15XPs instead of the normal 10. I don't know where it has been shown or where in my account I can see the predicted number of XPs you are going to earn. But it's really not a problem, just wondered how and where I can see that info (I use mostly the Air France app).

It's on the KLM app, not the Air France app, that you will see the number of miles & XPs expected to be collected for the trip (AF only shows the number of miles, not the XP if I am not mistaken).

In the KLM app, access your trip/booking, and scroll down and click on the "Passenger/View Details". KLM typically shows you how many miles and how many XPs you are expected to earn, and their calculation is usually good (on my last trip, it indicated I would earn 25,060 miles, and I ended getting credited 25,064 miles).

As for the extra/bonus 5XP for the first AF-KLM flight flown after registering for the program Miles+Points, I was the first one to report seeing them displayed in the expected XP (check my previous posts #41 and #56 ). I was perplex at first whether those additional 5XP corresponded to the Miles+Points first flight bonus, but as other FTers started to report seeing the same and indeed earning them, it became clear that KLM IT was somehow good in capturing that promotional offer in the calculation of miles & XP earnings.

You might or might not see those 5XP though, as it seems, from various reports, that results can be inconsistent across Flying Blue members, with some members even seeing those 5XP in subsequent booking...

-vinnyc

PS: what you see on the KLM app, you can also see it on the regular KLM website too, in the Passenger section.
Goldorak likes this.

Last edited by vinnyc; Aug 6, 19 at 7:05 pm

Search this Thread