FB and Accor 'Miles+Points'

Old Jul 24, 20, 4:01 am
  #136  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 13
Any experience on how quickly the XP post currently? I only linked my account last week, and they don't post XP for my Novotel stay back in March. Still planning to go the Athens. I am looking to try a mixed class AF/KLM ticket (going: business via CDG, return: eco KLM direct) for a favorable price. There is 10 days between the outgoing and incoming flights. The trip to Athens would give me 60XP, I already got 30. Wondering if I can make it to FB Silver for a year and try out the privileges that come with it. So if I stay at a Accor property the first 3 days of my trip (have to be somewhere else in Greece for the last 7), does that post quickly enough to buy a 'eco light' ticket for the return and enjoy the additional bag privilege of Silver?
MartijnH is offline  
Old Jul 24, 20, 5:18 am
  #137  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW and DUS
Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Posts: 1,125
Originally Posted by MartijnH View Post
Any experience on how quickly the XP post currently?
depends on the hotel , the period you stayed (if you left hotel on friday or monday) , usually its a matter of few days (less than one week) assuming you provided your member ID during booking and/or checkin

Originally Posted by MartijnH View Post
Wondering if I can make it to FB Silver for a year and try out the privileges that come with it. So if I stay at a Accor property the first 3 days of my trip (have to be somewhere else in Greece for the last 7), does that post quickly enough to buy a 'eco light' ticket for the return and enjoy the additional bag privilege of Silver?
it depends also on what i explained earlier , plus the fact that XP are not added automatically after flights , but it can take a day or 3 (depends on weekdays/weekends)

So if everything goes fine then yes you will most likely get silver around the end of your stay in greece
fifty_two is offline  
Old Jul 24, 20, 5:48 am
  #138  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 13
Thanks for your insights. In my experience XP after flights post very quickly. Worst case I buy a bag the day before the flight. There is no much difference between light and normal anyway.
MartijnH is offline  
Old Jul 24, 20, 9:11 am
  #139  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW and DUS
Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Posts: 1,125
Originally Posted by MartijnH View Post
Thanks for your insights. In my experience XP after flights post very quickly. Worst case I buy a bag the day before the flight. There is no much difference between light and normal anyway.
one thing to know , i heard feedback of people who travelled through amsterdam on skyteam , and got over the threshold for gold/platinum in the middle of their trips . So to access the KL lounges , they went to the reception , asked agents to do the needful and trigger the status change manually rather than waiting for the systems to do their jobs

Besides free luggage and priority checkin desks , there are no real benefits for silver anymore , however its still useful and worthy and easy to reach and maintain
fifty_two is offline  
Old Jul 24, 20, 1:40 pm
  #140  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 15,538
Originally Posted by MartijnH View Post
Any experience on how quickly the XP post currently? I only linked my account last week, and they don't post XP for my Novotel stay back in March. Still planning to go the Athens. I am looking to try a mixed class AF/KLM ticket (going: business via CDG, return: eco KLM direct) for a favorable price. There is 10 days between the outgoing and incoming flights. The trip to Athens would give me 60XP, I already got 30. Wondering if I can make it to FB Silver for a year and try out the privileges that come with it. So if I stay at a Accor property the first 3 days of my trip (have to be somewhere else in Greece for the last 7), does that post quickly enough to buy a 'eco light' ticket for the return and enjoy the additional bag privilege of Silver?
If you just linked your accounts, they will certainly not go backward and credit for a stay back in march. It will be your next Accor stay which will trigger the welcome XP bonus. It's not sure at all that it will be posted quickly enough and that your Silver status will be already reflected in your FB account. Possible but certainly not 100% sure.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Jul 24, 20, 3:38 pm
  #141  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 13
Thanks both. I know silver does not bring a lot of privileges anymore, but indeed it is fairly easy to reach and maintain. In this case the price difference is like 120 euro's and with my intentions for 2021, I might even get the full upgrade costs back in saved bag fees. After I check-out from my next Accor stay and the points are posted to ALL I might try to message FB to try and expedite status change. I knew the chance backward credit would be nearly nil, but if you don't ask .
MartijnH is offline  
Old Jul 25, 20, 9:25 am
  #142  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 8,747
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
one thing to know , i heard feedback of people who travelled through amsterdam on skyteam , and got over the threshold for gold/platinum in the middle of their trips . So to access the KL lounges , they went to the reception , asked agents to do the needful and trigger the status change manually rather than waiting for the systems to do their jobs

Besides free luggage and priority checkin desks , there are no real benefits for silver anymore , however its still useful and worthy and easy to reach and maintain
I've done that a couple of times as I moved up and down the status levels years ago. It works fine, they are happy to do it and it only takes a few seconds.
Remember, there might be some new Accor or other XP offers to drive business again. We just need to stay on the ball.
Concerto is offline  
Old Jul 27, 20, 1:12 am
  #143  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW and DUS
Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Posts: 1,125
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Remember, there might be some new Accor or other XP offers to drive business again. We just need to stay on the ball.
by which channel ? cause i heard about some offers/promotions here on flyertalk but not always received emails
fifty_two is offline  
Old Jul 27, 20, 4:05 pm
  #144  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 8,747
Probably here or on one of the other blogs. That's where I learn about the promotions, usually.
fifty_two likes this.
Concerto is offline  
Old Sep 21, 20, 4:00 am
  #145  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 8,747
Well, no promotions as such for extra miles from Accor but if you check the Accor forum there are regular extra points offers at the moment. One involves making a series of 2 night stays which is less useful for me but maybe someone can use it. As for the regular Accor miles, they land on my FB account without any issues.
Concerto is offline  
Old Sep 21, 20, 4:30 am
  #146  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW and DUS
Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Posts: 1,125
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Well, no promotions as such for extra miles from Accor but if you check the Accor forum there are regular extra points offers at the moment. One involves making a series of 2 night stays which is less useful for me but maybe someone can use it. As for the regular Accor miles, they land on my FB account without any issues.
in this case i received the mail , but i guess my problem was due to the fact that my profile spans over markets , by markets i mean countries or regions , some offers are not always available for all countries or zones , so i have to check the mails AND 3rd party websites AND the accor websites , then i have a good overview of current offers

Last edited by fifty_two; Sep 21, 20 at 4:47 am
fifty_two is offline  
Old Sep 21, 20, 5:00 am
  #147  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 8,747
I haven't yet found anywhere that groups these Accor promotions in an easy to read place, but I am not so motivated by Accor to really care. So it means I am rarely on top of the current offer spectrum.
Concerto is offline  
Old Sep 22, 20, 2:11 am
  #148  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW and DUS
Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Posts: 1,125
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
I haven't yet found anywhere that groups these Accor promotions in an easy to read place, but I am not so motivated by Accor to really care. So it means I am rarely on top of the current offer spectrum.
just saw this new thread = Sprint to Silver. Go for Gold. Progress to Platinum

next accelerators are there , and also you have extensions + 6 additional months to reach status for 2k22 = Get Accor Status for 2+ Years with Stays in 2020H2
fifty_two is offline  
Old Sep 22, 20, 5:26 am
  #149  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: PAR, TYO, SEL, SIN, SYD
Programs: Flyingblue - Platinum
Posts: 57
Miles and XP seem to credit quickly.
Took a flight friday night and was credited on sunday morning for ALL.
Stayed in a hotel on friday night and only got the miles and XP on Monday evening.

Pretty quick and painless overall.
Digicola is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: