Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great experience at JFK last week

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:07 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Great experience at JFK last week

I usually complain about the bad service at JFK, but last Monday they went above and beyond to make sure I made my flight. I was traveling from DCA -JFK in one ticket and JFK- CDG on another. My DCA flight on Delta was delayed almost 4 hours due to bad weather in NYC. Called DL multiple times to get protected on the 11 PM flight or through AMS but both flights were overbooked even though they wee willing to assist through multiple tickets.

Deplaned in Terminal 4 at 9:30 PM, my AF flight was leaving at 9:55 PM, so I took the bus to T2 and ran to T1, where I arrived 20 minutes before departure. The check-in agents quickly printed my boarding pass and sent me to the front of the security line, and after a big argument with TSA, they allowed me to cut in front, and then run to the gate, where I arrived at 9:52 PM along with another passenger from my flight. The same agent who checked us in was waiting for us to close the door right behind us, we happily made the flight.

Overall a nice gesture from AF to make sure I made it to my final destination without delay, as my experiences in similar circumstances with AF and DL have been the opposite.
Goldorak, HalconBCN and offvoice like this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Great indeed ^. May be they are finally improving in JFK after all the complaints AF may have received (I have sent my share of complaints about JFK to AF because of total lack of Ultimate treatment and generally speaking total lack of consideration for their best customers and I know I am not the only one who has complained about this station).
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:42 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Great indeed ^. May be they are finally improving in JFK after all the complaints AF may have received (I have sent my share of complaints about JFK to AF because of total lack of Ultimate treatment and generally speaking total lack of consideration for their best customers and I know I am not the only one who has complained about this station).
I had a 30-second exchange with the first person how assisted me because she said "Sorry not possible" followed by "you will not make it" but another person and a supervisor jumped in and made it happen. I also sent my share of complaints over the year but this time sent a thank you message to AF because it is always good to recognize those who deserve it.
Goldorak and offvoice like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.