Lounge access is ARN before SU flight

Old Jun 12, 19, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue PFL
Lounge access is ARN before SU flight

Hello,
I will be flying from ARN to SVO on SU (SU marketed and ticketed) in Y.
I know that in theory, based on my FB status, I should get access to the lounge, but given that SU in the past didn't even allow FB Gold and Platinum in their lounges in the SVO hub (I have no recent experience of this), I was wondering of what are the chances of getting access in a contract lounge at an outstation.

Thank you!
Old Jun 12, 19, 8:31 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by CDGcommuter View Post
Hello,
I will be flying from ARN to SVO on SU (SU marketed and ticketed) in Y.
I know that in theory, based on my FB status, I should get access to the lounge, but given that SU in the past didn't even allow FB Gold and Platinum in their lounges in the SVO hub (I have no recent experience of this), I was wondering of what are the chances of getting access in a contract lounge at an outstation.

Thank you!
With my limited experience (back in February) and flying in J from ARN.
If this is till the flight close to or after midnight from ARN, than you will get some vouchers to spend at a few places before or after security. All lounges (and most restaurants/F&B outlets after security) are closed for the late flight - so take this into account before passing security.
For the afternoon flight, you should have access to the 3rd party contract lounge.
I think based on being ST E+, you should be able to access the lounges in both ARN and SVO (at SVO it could be limited to some of the lounges).

Cheers!
Old Jun 12, 19, 10:19 am

The lounge policy in SVO is somewhat odd, but nonetheless you never find yourself with no lounge access at all if you fly SU as an FB Gold/Plat.
Old Jun 12, 19, 12:23 pm

I got access in SVO at the lounge, layover between 2 SU flights with free access for wife and kid, both without status. No problem at all. Travelled Premium Economy.
Old Jun 12, 19, 8:56 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
I have done a lot of SU flights via SVO and always got lounge access based on FB Elite + status. So ARN should not be a problem
Old Jun 13, 19, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue PFL
Thank you all!
Old Jun 13, 19, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
The lounge policy in SVO is somewhat odd, but nonetheless you never find yourself with no lounge access at all if you fly SU as an FB Gold/Plat.
...except that, some years ago, there were multiple reports of FB Golds and Plats in economy being refused lounge access by SU

Flying Blue Gold/Platinum (ST E+) banned from using Aeroflot Lounges?
Old Jun 13, 19, 8:12 am

As an FB Plat flying at least twice a month with Aeroflot to various destinations I can say the following:

With international flights by Aeroflot there is absolutely NO PROBLEM with lounges access using an FB Gold/Plat, no matter what Sheremetyevo terminal it is (D, E or F). Even if you flight a codeshare Rossiya Airlines / Aeroflot flight from Vnukovo airport on SU booking, you still get the access to the Vnukovo airport lounge in Moscow. The same rule applies if you have a connection flight from an international destination via Moscow to some other Russian location (or the opposite way). For example, with Aeroflot flight from ARN to SVO and then to KZN - no problem.

However, if you have a Russian-only flight (e.g. SVO - LED) on an Aeroflot flight with a FB card - sorry, no access to the lounge for you.
Old Jun 13, 19, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by Evil Squelcher View Post
However, if you have a Russian-only flight (e.g. SVO - LED) on an Aeroflot flight with a FB card - sorry, no access to the lounge for you.
Skyteam rules are that lounge access is extended only to those with a same-day international Skyteam flight on the same ticket (so, you would have lounge access on a domestic sector, having just arrived on an international Skyteam flight, or vice versa)
Old Jun 13, 19, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
...except that, some years ago, there were multiple reports of FB Golds and Plats in economy being refused lounge access by SU

Flying Blue Gold/Platinum (ST E+) banned from using Aeroflot Lounges?
Good to know, but still that was 7 years ago and no longer an issue..

Search this Thread