Flying Blue Award tickets for Air Europa

Old Jun 2, 19, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold
Flying Blue Award tickets for Air Europa

Does anyone know if it is possible to reserve a seat when making a FB award booking for a UX flight AMS-MAD in Y? On the UX website the option is offered as part of the booking process, just wondering how that works booking via FB.
Old Jun 2, 19, 9:42 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by AJCNL View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to reserve a seat when making a FB award booking for a UX flight AMS-MAD in Y? On the UX website the option is offered as part of the booking process, just wondering how that works booking via FB.
I know it is not possible when booked as AF or KL flight. I was told on the phone, that only bookings made with UX would allow it.

We did not discuss the case of awards but I would expect it to be the same.
Old Jun 2, 19, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by carnarvon View Post
I know it is not possible when booked as AF or KL flight. I was told on the phone, that only bookings made with UX would allow it.
I confirm. I have a (revenue) booking on UX, AF-coded ticket, and itís impossible to pre-select a seat.
Old Jun 2, 19, 9:00 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post

I confirm. I have a (revenue) booking on UX, AF-coded ticket, and itís impossible to pre-select a seat.
Exit row free upon check-in for Plat though. For Gold I don't know.

Last edited by carnarvon; Jun 3, 19 at 6:04 am
Old Jun 2, 19, 10:11 pm
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
I have an upcoming UX flight, AF coded. I was told by a twitter agent that I could choose my seat during OLCI and specified "36 hours". I highly doubt it will be 36 hours, but since I am departing from JFK the night before, will I be able to select seats for the connecting UX/AF flight when I check in for the JFK-CDG flight?
Old Jun 3, 19, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys, a unanimous no then. I'll have to weigh up the lower number of miles v the chance of getting stuck at the back of a 330. Is OLCI done via UX or KL/AF?
Old Jun 3, 19, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Is OLCI done via UX or KL/AF?
It's 2 years since I last flew UX on that route, but checkin was handled by UX.
AJCNL likes this.
Old Jun 3, 19, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Hello again, an update on this, I went ahead and booked the UX flight as FB award, once booked I entered the AF ticket number on the UX website and it found the booking and did allow us to buy seats. I had a confirmation from UX and they are now also shown on My Booking on the KL website. They must have updated their systems. Oh and on a side note, we are returning with KLC from VLC but in C class, it was fewer miles than Y on that flight, the wonders of the new FB!
irishguy28 and glennhaak like this.
Old Jun 3, 19, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Oh and on a side note, we are returning with KLC from VLC but in C class, it was fewer miles than Y on that flight, the wonders of the new FB!
Flying Blue wants you to fly with partner airlines other than AF and KL.

Search this Thread