Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Flying from AMS to CDG - what to expect (first intraEU flight)

Old May 23, 19, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood

I will be flying from AMS to CDG on Air France in a few weeks (the rail lines are undergoing maintenance on my day of travel) and am not sure what to expect at the airport. My only other time using the AMS airport was an arrival from the US on AA. Our flight is on a Sunday and we will most likely be taking a cab from the Marriott in AMS to the airport. We're not in a premium cabin for this flight, and we don't have any status with any of the Sky Team airlines.

My guess is that we'll be going out of a terminal other than the international one; is there a way to know precisely which terminal that is?

We are all TSA Pre and all have status on AA, which obviously means nothing for this flight in terms of expedited screening. What should we expect in terms of time to clear security as well as the experience / process of being screened in general?
Old May 23, 19, 5:20 am

You will probably go from B or C gates, arrive at terminal one,and security can take anywhere from 5-30 minutes depending on time of departure,check is your normal scanner check.
Schiphol is one big terminal in the end and there is just a separation between Schengen and non-Schengen.
AF will probably check your passports at the gates.

you can check on Schiphol.nl where what and how long the expected security waitline is for your flight.
dingo likes this.

Last edited by mrsar; May 23, 19 at 5:21 am Reason: adding
Old May 25, 19, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Thanks for this mrsar. We won't need to do any customs or immigration b/c it is a Schengen flight; correct?
Old May 25, 19, 10:40 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by dingo View Post
Thanks for this mrsar. We won't need to do any customs or immigration b/c it is a Schengen flight; correct?
You will arrive at terminal 2F.

No customs checks indeed as you will have checked in from an EU country (unrelated to Schengen).

Random passport checks happen despite Schengen because of French authorities having decided so. More likely after bombing in Lyon.

Search this Thread