Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Miles — How long?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Transfer Miles — How long?

Hello!

This has likely been answered but I can't find it

I was some 10.000 miles short of an award booking I want to do for a flight within 48h. Therefore, and given the relatively better value of transferring those points from a partner's account vs. actually buying them, I've decided to ask to initiate a transfer. I thought this would be TK style automatic. It wasn't.

Does anyone have any data points on how long points.com takes to actually transfer the FB miles from one account to another?

The whole point of the transfer was to snag the award booking.

Thanks,
Old May 6, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Should be three days max. Over the phone it is instant. Also be aware that your account may not show the new balance immediately while the backend recognizes the new amount so you can execute the booking.
Old May 6, 2019, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Should be three days max. Over the phone it is instant. Also be aware that your account may not show the new balance immediately while the backend recognizes the new amount so you can execute the booking.
Wish I knew that. Do you think she can call, ask the previous one to be canceled and do a new, instant, one? 3 days would be too long actually. And yes, I understand this likely written somewhere but I did not realise it would take such time, given past experienxes with other transfers elsewhere.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:59 am

It might help if you specify which partner you're transferring from, I suppose there is no harm in calling said partner and asking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.