FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Using Delta miles for la Premiere. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1968373-using-delta-miles-la-premiere.html)

michaelaeaston May 5, 2019 1:37 pm

Using Delta miles for la Premiere.

Hello. I know you cannot directly book la premiere with Delta miles anymore. I did successfully do this many years ago and it was nice, when it was still allowed. I am wondering if there is a path to transfer or bounce Delta miles through other programs to be able to successfully book la premiere today. Thank you.

Travelshootaz May 5, 2019 2:02 pm

The problem is not only the miles, but you also need to have a Flying Blue status to be able to book La Premiere.

Ditto May 6, 2019 2:29 am

it's probably more suitable as a question in DL forum, I have no idea if you can convert DL points to anything and then back to AF, but even if you could it would probably be at a very poor value.

Goldorak May 6, 2019 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Ditto (Post 31071522)
it's probably more suitable as a question in DL forum, I have no idea if you can convert DL points to anything and then back to AF, but even if you could it would probably be at a very poor value.

this conversion or transfer is not possible anyway.

ajggiant May 9, 2019 12:58 pm

Despite the poor redemption value of 1 cent per mile, I thought it might be possible to use Pay With Miles. But, I just tried a dummy booking for La Premiere on delta.com for a DL-marketed, AF-operated flight does not offer the PWM option.

irishguy28 May 13, 2019 1:54 am

Originally Posted by ajggiant (Post 31084225)
Despite the poor redemption value of 1 cent per mile, I thought it might be possible to use Pay With Miles. But, I just tried a dummy booking for La Premiere on delta.com for a DL-marketed, AF-operated flight does not offer the PWM option.

This is because La Première can only be booked using Flying Blue miles and only by Flying Blue members holding at least Silver status.

For holders of any other kind of status or frequent flyer miles, the only way to travel in La Première is to buy a ticket using cash only.

s0ssos May 13, 2019 2:06 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 31095397)
This is because La Première can only be booked using Flying Blue miles and only by Flying Blue members holding at least Silver status.

For holders of any other kind of status or frequent flyer miles, the only way to travel in La Première is to buy a ticket using cash only.

At 1 cent per mile, isn't that the same as paying cash?

irishguy28 May 13, 2019 2:42 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 31095418)
At 1 cent per mile, isn't that the same as paying cash?

No, it is not. For the listed flyers, spending money on miles is futile as regards obtaining a ticket in La Première.