Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Air France issued tickets has Jet Airlines flight in July 2019

Old May 3, 19, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I was issued a confirm ticket by AF from ATL to BOM and return by AF in February 2019 for travel in July 2019. As of now Jet airways has cancelled all its flights and their future is unkonwn. AF is telling that ticket they issued will be cancelled.

My question, should AF issue a new ticket via different airline? or AF is right to cancel the confirm tickets?

Thanks for any help that you all can provide.
Old May 4, 19, 12:19 am

Programs: FB Platinum
There is a thread on this subject already that describes experiences with Jet Airways (9W) flights booked through AF/KLM. In my case, they re-booked me on an AF flight to the same destination.
Old May 4, 19, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
So far in advance, it’s easy for AF to rebook you on their own flight. So call AF and ask them to rebook you and to not cancel your ticket. Of course, this is easy if all your flights were under AF code and not under Jet code. If you are in the latter case, this will be more complicated.
Old May 4, 19, 4:28 am

Old May 4, 19, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
As above, I suggest the mods merge the thread into the existing one.

Hopefully your ticket is issued with all flights AFKL.
I am not sure what you mean by "AF is telling that ticket they issued will be cancelled." There is no doubt that Jet airways flights will be cancelled. But did AF say "refund"?
I suggest that you get very proactive and contact AF trying to get rebooked on AF metal ASAP. Unless AF increases capacity and gets some of the 9W slots, they might have problem accomodating all pax.
Old May 4, 19, 7:10 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
For all AF-operated segments: EC261/2004 applies, hence, AF has no right to cancel the ticket on a unilateral base.
AF has to give you the choice for a reroute for the AF-operated segments.
It should be helpful to communicate that to AF when contacting them.
Old May 4, 19, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
While OP does not expressly say so, the implication is that as JQ has cancelled the flight, that JQ was the operating carrier of OP's flight, presumably the BOM-CDG segment. JQ, the operating carrier is not an EU carrier and this is a flight to the EU, not from. Thus, no EC 261/2004.

Nonetheless, AF still has contractual obligations here and will, on request rebook OP as it is doing for many others who have posted on FT. It goes without saying that his current ticket segment is cancelled. But, that does not mean it will simply be refunded (unless OP wishes).

OP should look at the options and then call AF. The easiest and best is to be rebooked on the AF-operated service as AF can accomplish that on the phone. But, the JQ situation does mean that availability will become a problem as time passes. Thus, OP ought to deal with this immediately lest the seats he want are gone by the time he calls.
Old May 4, 19, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
While OP does not expressly say so, the implication is that as JQ has cancelled the flight, that JQ was the operating carrier of OP's flight, presumably the BOM-CDG segment. JQ, the operating carrier is not an EU carrier and this is a flight to the EU, not from. Thus, no EC 261/2004.

Nonetheless, AF still has contractual obligations here and will, on request rebook OP as it is doing for many others who have posted on FT. It goes without saying that his current ticket segment is cancelled. But, that does not mean it will simply be refunded (unless OP wishes).

OP should look at the options and then call AF. The easiest and best is to be rebooked on the AF-operated service as AF can accomplish that on the phone. But, the JQ situation does mean that availability will become a problem as time passes. Thus, OP ought to deal with this immediately lest the seats he want are gone by the time he calls.
JQ is JetStar; 9W was Jet Airways...
irishguy28 and nancypants like this.
Old May 4, 19, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for all quick replies and advice. I am going through the thread mentioned above :-).

I noticed that the airline confirmation number provided for CDG to BOM is different than other 3 segments (counting the return also)
Old May 5, 19, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by GreenMay1 View Post
I noticed that the airline confirmation number provided for CDG to BOM is different than other 3 segments (counting the return also)
This is the Jet Airways confirmation number, while the other (for your 3 other flights) is the AF one.
Old May 26, 19, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Finally, the TA was able to replace Jet airways flight to AF flight.

Thank you all for your advice and help.
PeteM01 and Goldorak like this.
Old May 26, 19, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Thanks for getting back to us with the outcome.

Search this Thread