Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FB Platinum & Hertz

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
I recieved the Hertz downgrade to 5* as well... but I also received the Avis downgrade from PC to nothing at all.

TBH I only had a few rentals with each last year, less than in the past, so felt it was not that unusual.

I find the FF benefits of both to be fairly similar, however the rental experience with Avis to be vastly superior (better cars, and Hertz can tend to be meticulous with findng damage that I did not cause). But no status at all with Red means I will be renting Yellow from now on...
Old May 3, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I did 2 rentals with Avis while I had their top status following the offer from FlyingBlue and I was vastly unimpressed overall. Their system is complicated, they still have discounts that requires you to print some paper and bring it over, a different website to book using the flyingblue discount, when you're between countries it gets confusing, honoured the strict minimum one class upgrade etc.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:51 am

You don't *have* to use a different website, you can use the normal Avis website (e.g. avis.nl) and just add the FB AWD.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: FB, SPG, AccorHotels, Hertz, Avis
I've experienced the same downgrade to 5* with Hertz but didn't bother to call/email them yet. I don't know why I should as well. I've rented with both Avis and Hertz last year after gettings theirs top Tier Cards via FB and the experience was not impressive. I don't remember a single upgrade, most of the time the booking would already say "Standard Counter Service".
This is very different to the time when I had Sixt Platinum which at least resulted in an upgrade every time, often enough not just one class up but multiple...
Old May 9, 2019, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by natcho
I've experienced the same downgrade to 5* with Hertz but didn't bother to call/email them yet. I don't know why I should as well. I've rented with both Avis and Hertz last year after gettings theirs top Tier Cards via FB and the experience was not impressive. I don't remember a single upgrade, most of the time the booking would already say "Standard Counter Service".
This is very different to the time when I had Sixt Platinum which at least resulted in an upgrade every time, often enough not just one class up but multiple...
I've had the opposite experience, but it very much depends on the location and more importantly whether it's a "corporate" or "franchise" location, often with the latter you have to remind them of your eligibility for upgrades, sometimes their computer systems doesn't properly reflect the status etc.
Take for example Avis in AMS, I can go directly to the parking lot counter, all I have to do is show my DL and sign, meanwhile they will bring the car over for me and always there would be at least one class upgrade, often 2 or 3.
Old May 13, 2019, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Here's the update guys. Contacting Hertz - no reply so far, contacting Avis - no reply so far Will give it a second try because WTH?!

By the way booking with Hertz President's Circle in USA was an amazing experience. You pay for something like Ford Fiesta and when you're on the spot you get yourself a Chrysler 300C or Mercedes Cabrio because you're "eleet". That's something worth the hassle!.. However booking somewhere in Europe might be a completely different story.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Mirk
Try this email if you're based in France:
customer-relations-fr AT hertz.com
FB LTP, French resident - Wrote them on Tuesday last week, got a feedback on Friday that I had been bumped from 5* to PC.

Thank you Mirk for the email contact ^
Mirk likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by schlegfr
FB LTP, French resident - Wrote them on Tuesday last week, got a feedback on Friday that I had been bumped from 5* to PC.

Thank you Mirk for the email contact ^
I tried replacing the FR with NL, since I'm from Holland, but got no reply and nothing changed...

Sixt ftw!
Old May 13, 2019, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by r0gerthat
I tried replacing the FR with NL, since I'm from Holland, but got no reply and nothing changed...

Sixt ftw!
The one for NL is NE... don't ask me why...
Old May 13, 2019, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Evil Squelcher
However booking somewhere in Europe might be a completely different story.
You can say that again! Especially at one of those locations where Hertz is represented by a one-man show franchise.

Johan
Old May 19, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
You can say that again! Especially at one of those locations where Hertz is represented by a one-man show franchise.

Johan
.... Which can mean a whole country - Ireland being a good example!
Old May 19, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dambus
.... Which can mean a whole country - Ireland being a good example!
It's not the only one.

To be fair, some of these one-man shows have on more than one occasion bent over backwards for me, even going as far as getting the vehicle I wanted from the competition (another one-man show, of course). Then, at the other end of the spectrum, you get those whose business plan focuses of defrauding the customer at every opportunity.

Johan
Old May 20, 2019, 2:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
FWIW I tried Sixt (and the FB match which gave me Platinum) and they've been delightful. If you have an Amex, perhaps also get the National match. Between those two you've got the best programs.
Old May 20, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Zembla
That is subject to interpretation, as I found out. It reads “Passage rapide au statut President Circle”. (Quick upgrade to President Circle Status). Now if it would read “Passage au statut President Circle” (Upgrade to President Circle Status) you could call it a perk. But with “Passage rapide au statut President Circle” it doesn’t necessarily imply that you will actually get President Circle instantly, or that you have a right to it.
Anyway. It can be worth the effort to call them and try, in the past it had been reported that this worked for many people.
Bottom line: is the matching of FB Plat to Hertz PC automatically granted if asked?
Old May 21, 2019, 7:59 am
Original Poster

... and finally got a reply using the email from Mirk that the justice has been restored! Back to proper level with Hertz!!
Mirk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.