Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FB Platinum & Hertz

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Ditto
The one for NL is NE... don't ask me why...
Cheers, just sent an e-mail and got a confirmation back that they've got my message. Now let's see if they change back to PC
Would be nice as I am about to rent a couple cars!
Old May 27, 2019, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by caliform
FWIW I tried Sixt (and the FB match which gave me Platinum) and they've been delightful. If you have an Amex, perhaps also get the National match. Between those two you've got the best programs.
I have to agree with you, Sixt's been really great, but only rented once with them after I matched FB Plat to their Platinum status. Have another car with them next week in Croatia..
Old May 27, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: FB platinum
I sent an email on May 1st to Hertz asking for the upgrade from five stars to president's circle, with both my hertz & fb plat numbers.
I heard nothing back... until I received today by snail mail a letter welcoming me to the "highest status" and with my Hertz President's Circle card enclosed
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Hertz is a funny lot

I have just requested upgrade to President's circle and supplied my FB card imprint.

1) First Hertz answer : please supply letter from FB advising of change of status. I assumed they wanted the letter from FB informing me of my Plat status and sent it.
2) 2nd answer : the letter does not mention the change to President's circle!!!

Hertz wants a letter from FB saying I will be PC Hertz does not know. They need FB to tell them what they need to do!

I have asked FB for guidance (but they don't get it and rightly say that I only need to show that I am Plat). A supervisor will address my query.

I have directed Hertz CS to their own website and am awaiting their next answer.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: KL Plat
I sent en email to the Swedish Hertz contact address last month with just my FB number and telling them my Plat status, they replied about a week later saying I've been upgraded to PC and a card would arrive in 4 - 6 weeks.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by carnarvon
I have just requested upgrade to President's circle and supplied my FB card imprint.

1) First Hertz answer : please supply letter from FB advising of change of status. I assumed they wanted the letter from FB informing me of my Plat status and sent it.
2) 2nd answer : the letter does not mention the change to President's circle!!!

Hertz wants a letter from FB saying I will be PC Hertz does not know. They need FB to tell them what they need to do!

I have asked FB for guidance (but they don't get it and rightly say that I only need to show that I am Plat). A supervisor will address my query.

I have directed Hertz CS to their own website and am awaiting their next answer.
You can refer to the website mentioned in some posts earlier. Hertz changed my status back to PC after my e-mail with reference to that website.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: FB Ultimate, Accor Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond,Avis President, Hertz President Club
Hi guys,

Which email did you send your request? I would like to do the same.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Cheers,

Alex
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by r0gerthat
You can refer to the website mentioned in some posts earlier. Hertz changed my status back to PC after my e-mail with reference to that website.
This is what I had done after receiving the surprising request for a letter from FB saying that I would be PC.

But got no reply.

So I tried to speak with someone. CS in France is nothing. So I called Irish headquarters who transferred me to CS.

A charming lady understood the oddity of the request for a letter from FB and said she would open a case.

Today, I got an email informing me that I was now PC.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by AlexBelt
Hi guys,

Which email did you send your request? I would like to do the same.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Cheers,

Alex
Customer relations of the country you are based in. Usually, it looks like [email protected].

xx for your country code (France = FR for example).
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:13 am

Customer relations of the country you are based in. Usually, it looks like [email protected].

Only that the country code needs to be guessed, Netherlands is NE and not NL as one example.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
Only that the country code needs to be guessed, Netherlands is NE and not NL as one example.
This is to add spice to the adventure.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: FB Ultimate, Accor Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond,Avis President, Hertz President Club
Thanks a lot Carnavon !

Very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: FB Plat
I can confirm that the Dutch Hertz will do this if you send a picture of your FB card and Hertz #. Took a week, no questions asked. Thanks everyone for the tip.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Dutch Hertz did this for me overnight with no questions or proof asked - I even sent the request from a different e-mail address than registered and forgot to provide my account number.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada

Can you confirm whether for the U.S. I should add 'US'? I just tried but the email bounced back.

Thanks
-vinnyc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.